The Women Entrepreneurship Fund (WEF) is a business expansion grant that exclusively supports female-led or owned businesses that are investing in growth projects. Through the program, businesses receive non-repayable contributions to plan and execute a growth strategy for strategic initiatives that increase revenues and support the hiring of new employees.
- Amount: Up to 80% of eligible project expenses (up to 90% for priority applicants) to a maximum $100,000 in grant funding per applicant.
- Eligibility: Canadian for-profit businesses, in operations for at least two years, with fewer than 500 employees. Must be women-owned (more than 50%) or women-led (long-term control and management, equity stake, and active role in both strategic and day-to-day decision making).
- Timeline: Not accepting applications. Program may support another intake for applications in Spring-Summer 2019. Projects can be up to 12 months in duration.
- Project Focus: Growth strategy development and execution projects that provide economic impacts (such as job creation, productivity improvements, revenue growth, etc.).
Top Women Entrepreneurship Fund (WEF) Resources:
- Women Entrepreneurship Fund Overview: Learn more about WEF funding, including what the program supports, who’s eligible, and how to apply for business expansion grants.
Posted: November 12, 2018. Updated: November 29, 2018.