For more than 30 years, the Ontario Trillium Foundation has been awarding funding to develop and sustain strong communities in Ontario. Over $110 million in Ontario government grants are awarded to non-profits annually, enabling these groups to enhance the well-being of municipalities across Ontario. Every year, over 1,300 charities and not-for-profit organizations (NFPs) are supported by OTF, enhancing community function and support. Organizations can receive $5k-$500k per year to complete community building projects that address critical development issues.
- Amount: Funding from $5,000 to $500,000 per year in grant funding for non-profit and charity initiatives aimed at improving Ontario and its community.
- Projects: Ontario-based projects intended to courage people to be more active, connected, green, inspired, prosperous, and have access to better youth resources.
- Eligibility: Ontario non-profits without share capital in a Canadian jurisdiction, charitable organizations, and First Nation organizations.
Top Ontario Trillium Foundation Resources
- Ontario Trillium Foundation Program Overview: Review the Ontario Trillium Foundation’s six project priority areas and learn how to apply for these community-building grants.
- Ontario Trillium Foundation Eligibility Criteria: Understand who is eligible and what types of projects are eligible to receive Ontario Trillium Foundation funding. The blog also dives into what expenses are and aren’t eligible for funding coverage.
Discover some more funded projects from the Ontario Trillium Foundation here.