The Atlantic Innovation Fund (AIF) is a Canadian government funding program dedicated to supporting the research of innovative technologies. The program enables both private-sector research and collaborations with academia and research institutions. Projects should focus on commercially-viable technology development or adaptation.
- Amount: Business-led projects may receive up to 75% of expenses, Non-profit applicants may receive up to 80% of expenses. Maximum funding per project is capped at $3 million.
- Timeline: Open. Businesses and research institutions may submit applications year-round. Projects should ideally be 18-38 months in duration, but can span several months to five years.
- Eligibility: Businesses, research institutions, and academic institutions operating in Atlantic Canada (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Prince Edward Island).
Top Atlantic Innovation Fund Resources
- Atlantic Innovation Fund Program Overview: Discover more details about the Atlantic Innovation Fund including how the program is structured, who is eligible, and types of projects well-suited for government funding.
- Atlantic Innovation Fund Eligibility Criteria: Explore what makes a competitive Atlantic Innovation Fund application, including the types of applicants, projects, and expenses well-suited for technology grants.
- Success Story of an AIF Funding Recipient: Learn how an Atlantic Canada business used the Atlantic Innovation Fund to support their technology development project.
- Kinduct Technologies Awarded $2M from Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Atlantic Innovation Fund: $3M for Telecommunications Software
- $4.4M in Canadian Government Funding Supports Bioscience Technology
- Atlantic Canada Funding Supports New VR Technology
- Atlantic Innovation Fund (AIF): Do You Qualify for Research Grants?