Mitacs Accelerate pairs businesses with Masters, PhD and PDF interns to overcome innovation challenges. Interns complete research and develop tools, models, technology or solutions to support the host business’ challenges.
- Amount: Matching funds from Mitacs up to $7,500 per 4-6 month internship unit. Cluster stream available for additional funding support if the business leverages 6+ internship periods from 3+ interns. Funding includes intern stipend and research costs.
- Timeline: Continuous intake of applications. Projects can last between four months and two years (Masters students) or up to three years for PhDs and Post Doctoral Fellows. Small businesses can request the same grad student for the duration of the project.
- Eligibility: Preference is given to research-type projects.
Top Mitacs Accelerate Resources
- Overview Blog: Learn more about the purpose of this Canadian government funding program for hiring graduate students.
- Eligibility Blog: Does your organization qualify for Mitacs Accelerate grants? Learn more about the program’s eligibility criteria.
- Mitacs Accelerate: Research Grants for Hiring Post-Graduate Students
- Mitacs Accelerate Awards $400,000 in Support of Cannabis Research
- Mitacs Accelerate Supports Green Technology Research and Development
- Mitacs Accelerate: Research Funding Eligibility Requirements
- Applying for Grants to Hire Ph.D. Fellows: Mitacs Accelerate Ph.D. Fellowship
Posted: March 29, 2011. Updated: October 16, 2018.