The Mitacs Accelerate program pairs high-quality expertise from universities with business to provide innovative research, methods and development of tools, models, technology or solutions to support challenges over a period of four months. This program is for Master’s and PhD Students only.
- Amount: Matching funds from Mitacs up to $7,500. Cluster stream available for additional funding support if the business leverages 3+ interns and 3+ internships.
- Timeline: Open. Mitacs does paperwork with government, and small business can request the same grad student for two terms over 12 months.
- Eligibility: Preference is given to research-type projects.
Top Mitacs Accelerate Resources
- Overview Blog: Learn more about the purpose of this Canadian government funding program for hiring graduate students.
- Eligibility Blog: Does your organization qualify for Mitacs Accelerate grants? Learn more about the program’s eligibility criteria.
- Update Blog: Learn more about the latest developments on the Mitacs Accelerate wage subsidy for hiring graduate students program.
- Mitacs Accelerate: Research Funding Eligibility Requirements
- Innovating Food with Universities & Canadian Government Funding
- Mitacs Awards Highlights the Significance of Developing Research Talent
- Can Innovative Research and Development Boost Canada’s Economy?
- Mitacs Accelerate Small Business Research Grants for Hiring Interns