The NSERC Collaborative Research and Development (CRD) program supports longer-term research or development project, usually following an NSERC Engage project with the same faculty partners for projects up to 5 years in length to solve a larger R&D issue.
- Amount: Projects are typically funded up to $200,000 per year for up to 5 years, however funding above this amount can be requested from the NSERC Selection Committee.
- Timeline: Rolling applications, no deadlines. Projects can take place over 1-5 years.
- Eligibility: Company must operate from a Canadian base. IP ownership to be agreed on by both partners.
Top NSERC CRD Resources:
- NSREC CRD Overview Blog: This Canadian business grants overview covers the focus of the program and includes funding types and amounts, as well as success stories that testify to the quality of the program.
- NSERC CRD Eligibility Criteria Blog: This article includes information regarding how to qualify for CRD research and development funding. It also provides an overview of the application process.
- NSERC CRD Frequently Asked Questions: Government research grants provided by NSERC CRD can be confusing for many businesses. This FAQs article is designed to provide straight-forward answers about the most pressing questions we receive about the program.
- NSERC Awards Canadian Technology Grants for Robotic Lumber Application
- NSERC Collaborative Research & Development: P2G Project Awarded $360k
- NSERC Funding: Collaborative Research and Development (CRD) Grants
- NSERC Engage: How to Qualify for Collaborative Research Grants
- Budget 2018 Streamlines Funding Programs for Business Innovation