The NSERC Collaborative Research and Development (CRD) program supports longer-term research or development project, usually following an NSERC Engage project with the same faculty partners for projects up to 5 years in length to solve a larger R&D issue.
- Amount: Projects are typically funded up to $200,000 per year for up to 5 years, however funding above this amount can be requested from the NSERC Selection Committee.
- Timeline: Closed. No longer accepting applications.
- Eligibility: Company must operate from a Canadian base. IP ownership to be agreed on by both partners.
Top NSERC CRD Resources:
- NSREC CRD Overview Blog: This Canadian business grants overview covers the focus of the program and includes funding types and amounts, as well as success stories that testify to the quality of the program.
- NSERC CRD Eligibility Criteria Blog: This article includes information regarding how to qualify for CRD research and development funding. It also provides an overview of the application process.
- NSERC CRD Frequently Asked Questions: Government research grants provided by NSERC CRD can be confusing for many businesses. This FAQs article is designed to provide straight-forward answers about the most pressing questions we receive about the program.
- NSERC Alliance Announces $15M in Grants for COVID-19 Projects
- R&D for Cannabis Beer Receives $45K in NSERC & OCE Grants
- NSERC Engage and NSERC Alliance: Collaborative Research Funding
- NSERC Engage and CRD Funding Updates Expected Later in 2019
- NSERC Awards Canadian Technology Grants for Robotic Lumber Application