The NSERC Engage program supports short-term (up to 6-month) research and development projects aimed at addressing a company-specific problem. Connects businesses to university researchers for new R&D partnerships. Requires a 183A Letter of Support from Company.
- Amount: up to $25,000 from NSERC (no cash required from company).
- Timeline: Rolling applications, no deadlines, 4-6 week turnaround on approvals.
- Eligibility: Industry partners must be Canadian-based with the intention/capacity to develop tech in Canada, have a minimum of two employees, and be in operation for at least two years. Pre-revenue companies will be considered; applicants cannot have worked with the college/university professor before. Limit of two new grants per year.
Top NSERC Engage Resources:
- NSERC Engage Overview Blog: This NSERC Engage Canadian government funding for research and development overview covers the focus of the program and includes funding types and amounts, as well as options for receiving higher funding contributions.
- NSERC Engage Eligibility Criteria Blog: Understand what project types and expenses are eligible for NSERC Engage research grants.
- NSERC Awards Canadian Technology Grants for Robotic Lumber Application
- NSERC Funding: Collaborative Research and Development (CRD) Grants
- NSERC Engage: How to Qualify for Collaborative Research Grants
- Research Grants Help Cambrian College Address Mining Industry Challenges
- Innovating Food with Universities & Canadian Government Funding