The NSERC Engage program supports short-term (up to 6-month) applied research and development projects conducted at a Canadian college. Focuses on short-term (up to 6-month) projects aimed at solving a company-related innovation challenge.
- Amount: up to $25,000 from NSERC (no cash required from company).
- Timeline: Rolling applications, no deadlines, 4-6 week turnaround on approvals.
- Eligibility: Industry partners must be Canadian-based with the intention/capacity to develop tech in Canada, have a minimum of two employees, and be in operation for at least two years. Pre-revenue companies are considered; applicants cannot have worked with the college professor before. Limit of two new grants per year.
Top NSERC Engage Resources:
- NSERC Engage Overview Blog: This NSERC Engage Canadian government funding for research and development overview covers the focus of the program and includes funding types and amounts, as well as options for receiving higher funding contributions.
- NSERC Engage Eligibility Criteria Blog: Understand what project types and expenses are eligible for NSERC Engage research grants.
- NSERC Engage and NSERC Alliance: Collaborative Research Funding
- NSERC Engage and CRD Funding Updates Expected Later in 2019
- NSERC Awards Canadian Technology Grants for Robotic Lumber Application
- NSERC Funding: Collaborative Research and Development (CRD) Grants
- NSERC Engage: How to Qualify for Collaborative Research Grants