Dan Lawrie Insurance Brokers Ltd. is hosting a complimentary breakfast seminar that will delve into the topic of whether your company’s directors and officers are protected from liability issues. This company offers a range of personal and corporate insurance products and has become one of the largest insurance organizations in Southern Ontario.
What Is Director and Officer Liability?
Director and Officer liability includes the following:
- Protecting company’s assets
- Protecting personal assets of a company’s directors and officers
- Provides reimbursements to the firms to indemnify director’s and officer’s losses
- Help organization monitor and provide defense costs associated with responding to lawsuits and investigations
The following are current trends that demonstrate why your business should consider purchasing D&O coverage:
- Access to adequate capital
- Internet growth
- Keeping up with technology
- Protecting intellectual property assets
- Retain qualified workers
Private corporations should consider buying director and officer liability coverage as the cost of defending corporate lawsuits may exceed the net worth of most private companies. Without this coverage, companies will have difficulty attracting qualified individuals to their Board, business decisions made by D&O’s can quickly impact the finances and operations of a company. Additionally, corporate indemnification may not be available and judgments can be financially crippling.
Event Seminar Details
The event will go over the following:
- What is director and officer’s liability?
- Protecting what really matters
- Today’s evolving litigation environment
- It’s easier than you think
Date: Wednesday, September 26th, 2012
Time: 8:45am Continental Breakfast
Location: Burlington Golf and Country Club
422 North Shore Blvd, Burlington, L7T 3Z9
To RSVP for this event, please contact Corrine Blaker before September 6th.
Looking for Canadian Government Funding Programs?
Incorporated companies for at least two years and receiving over $500,000 in annual revenue may be eligible for several Canadian government funding mechanisms. For advice on different government funding programs that could be available to your business, contact one of our Canadian Government Funding Experts or follow us on Twitter.