Status of Women Canada and WBE Canada are holding a full day event on March 10, 2015, which will attract 150+ procurement professionals from leading corporations, government agencies, partner organizations, and suppliers. This event’s theme is “Prepare To Profit” and will prepare attendees for growth through the adoption of new tools, support systems, techniques, connections, and grant funding for business.
WBE Canada’s International Women’s Day Event, “Prepare to Profit”
This event will include sessions on how to prepare and profit from procurement, including best practices for supplier diversity, opportunities to expand supplier and procurement networks, in addition to networking opportunities. Mentor Works will also be presenting on small business grants and other Canadian government funding opportunities.
Time/Date: March 10, 2015 @ 8:00am-6:00pm
Location: AllStream Centre, 105 Princes’ Blvd., Toronto, ON
WBE Prepare To Profit Agenda
- 8:00-9:00am: Breakfast with Kellogg’s (registration/networking/exhibits/photo booth/silent auction opens).
- 9:00-10:00am: Opening Session: Welcome and Introductions
General Session 1: Technology for the Future: Plus Technology Demo – our new big technology
- 9:30-10:00am: General Session 2: Changing Connections – Dr Ginger Grant
- 10:15-11:30am: Pick 1 of 4 sessions in 2 tracks designed to meet your needs depending where you are in your supplier diversity journey:
WBE Professionalism and Business Development, includes 2 sessions:
Session 1 – Tips and Tools to Get Started: Supplier customer performance. Just certified? Plan your journey to supplier diversity success.
Session 2 – Mentor Works: Leverage dollars to grow Ready to speed up your business growth? Gain valuable insights.
Corporate Insights to Improve Your Performance As a Valued Supplier, includes 2 sessions
Session 1 – Jump start your success. As you begin your supplier diversity journey to corporate procurement, how do you become that valued supplier that corporations remember?
Session 2 – Taking Supplier Diversity to the Next Level Supplier diversity relationships offer unique opportunities at each level of the value chain
- 11:30am-12:30pm: Networking – Booths
- 12:00-2:00pm: Awards Luncheon: Winning BIG, sponsored by BMO
- 2:00-4:00pm: Meet the Procurement Decision Makers
- 4:00-4:05pm: Announcements/silent auction winners announced
- 4:00-6:30pm: AFTERGLOW – the Networking Reception
Other Canadian Government Funding Events
We hope to see you at the WBE Canada event on March 10th, however if you are unable to make it, consider registering for an upcoming free Canadian business grants and loans workshop or webinar. We also provide weekly updates on loan and grant funding for businesses that subscribe to our weekly funding e-newsletter.