The Broader Public Sector Investment Funds initiative aims to increase the amount of Ontario foods purchased through municipal, university, school and hospital food services. This Canadian government funding program will encourage these institutions, Ontario producers and partners along the public sector food service value chain to be more creative, resourceful and ambitious in order to increase their domestic market share.
Grant Funding for Business Details
This Ontario government funding program was created through a partnership between the Greenbelt Fund and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs. Eligible projects are cost-shared with the program contributing a maximum of 75% of the project’s total budget in grant funding. Lead applicants must make a 10% cash or in-kind contribution to the total project budget with the remaining 15% being supplied by other external cash or in-kind sources. These business funding grants focus on two key activities:
1. Funding of Broader Public Sector local food efforts.
2. Promotion of local foods to support and build momentum in the sector.
This grant funding for business program will support the following activities:
- Maintenance of an Ontario-wide electronic marketplace where food service buyers can source an assorted range of Ontario products.
- Sharing information on how institutions, farmers and others along the value chain are changing their operations and policies to make buying local happen on a larger scale.
- Monitoring and evaluation activities to track increases in the purchase of local food by Broader Public Sector.
Small Business Funding Grants Eligibility
In order to be considered for these business funding grants, applicants must provide details on the project goals and rationale, activities, results and how success will be measured with a full project budget. This Ontario government funding program also encourages collaboration and partnerships, therefore all projects must reflect a co-application between two or more members of the broader public sector value chain. The Broader Public Sector grant funding for business program will support any of the following costs:
- New staff costs
- Essential equipment purchases
- Appropriate initiative that is relevant to achieving its goals
- Market research
Broader Public Sector Investment Fund Application Deadline: July 30, 2012.
Additional Canadian Business Grants Advice via Mentor Works Ltd.
Companies interested in gaining support for the Broader Public Sector Investment Fund or any other Canadian government funding programs, please contact one of our Canadian Government Funding Experts. Additionally, to receive current updates on these types of government funding mechanisms, be sure to follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.