Career Focus is a part of the Youth Employment Strategy and provides funding through Canadian business grants for hiring recent grads to local, regional, and national employers through eleven federal departments and agencies. The Career Focus program helps youth transition into the labour market while increasing the supply of highly qualified workers and promoting the benefits of advanced studies.
Canadian Government Grants for Hiring in the Aerospace Sector
This wage subsidy program, with funding provided by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), promotes the hiring of recent post-second graduates by firms operating in the Aerospace sector. Here is a brief overview of the program:
- The business grant program offers up to 50%, or $15K in funding
- Employees must be hired for a minimum of 3 months, end on or before March 31, 2015
- Approval decisions are generally made within 24-48 hours
- Maximum 1 candidate per employer
Small Business Grants for Aerospace Industry Hiring: Employee Eligibility
In order to qualify for this Canadian business grants program employees must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age;
- Not be in enrolled in school;
- Be Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be a post-secondary graduate;
- Not currently in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits; and
- Provide a Social Insurance Number.
Canada Business Grants Qualifications for Employers
In order to be eligible to participate in this Canadian government grants program employers must:
- Obtain approval prior to hiring the employee;
- Inform potential participant of what participation in the program would entail, and obtain agreement from participant;
- Provide participant an opportunity for full-time work (i.e. at least 30 hours per week) for at least 3 months;
- Provide proof of employment, start date, the contract with participant, full wage & benefits of participant, and a learning plan, and other relevant information upon request.
- Must have a nepotism policy in place regarding participants;
- Must consider hiring the participant at the end of the work period;
Please note: any employee already employed on a part-time basis is not eligible for the program.
Stay Connected with Mentor Works to Learn More about Canadian Business Grants and Loans Available to Your Business
Mentor Works Ltd works closely with its industry partners to inform Canadian aerospace businesses of Canadian business grants and loans available to help them grow more quickly and successfully. Keep in touch with Mentor Works by following us on your favourite social media network, including: LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Facebook, or Tumblr, and by subscribing to Mentor Works’ Canadian government funding weekly e-newsletter.