Originally founded in 1991 as a sector council to serve the aviation industry, the Canadian Council of Aviation and Aerospace (CCAA) updated its name in 2010 to reflect its involvement in Aerospace as well as Aviation. CCAA has two main areas of focus: (1) skills development, and (2) industry demographics (supply and demand for particular skills).
Canadian Council of Aviation and Aerospace (CCAA) Career Focus Small Business Grants Details
Sectoral Councils, such as CCAA, offer the Career Focus Program small business grants as an initiative to provide on-the-job training for young graduates of post-secondary schools. The CCAA Career Focus Program, is open to companies who are in the aviation maintenance and aerospace manufacturing business. As a government sponsored distributor of funding, CCAA manages and administers the project, assesses employers and participants, signs agreements with employers, and is responsible for overall financial management.
Employee – Career Focus Government Grants for Small Business Eligibility
The Career Focus program offered through CCAA provides a wage subsidy of up to $17,000, or (50% of their wage), to hire new graduates such as pilots, AMTs, HR, CSR’s, etc. Companies can hire young people who meet the following:
- Recent graduate of a post-secondary institution.
- Between the ages of 15-30
- Not receiving employment insurance.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Employer – Career Focus Small Business Grants Canada Eligibility
Employers must to meet the following requirements to receive small business grants Canada:
- Inform potential participant of what participation in the program would entail, and retain agreement from participants;
- Use non-subjective eligibility criteria to establish eligibility of participant (based on the criteria listed above);
- Provide participant an opportunity for full-time work (i.e. at least 30 hours per week) for a minimum of 4 months;
- Provide proof of employment, start date, contract with participant, full wage and benefits of participant, and a participant learning plan to the recipient sponsor;
- Have a nepotism policy in place regarding participants;
- Provide data to recipient sponsor as required.
NOTE: Only 1 employee can be hired using this program per company.
Find Out More about CCAA Small Business Grants for Hiring
To learn more about CCAA Career Focus Small Business Grants Canada please visit one of the following links:
Learn More about Career Focus Government Small Business Grants
Mentor Works offers unparalleled resources and support services to small and medium-sized businesses interested in obtaining government grants for small business through Career Focus. If your business is incorporated and in good financial standing, contact a Canadian government funding expert to learn about the business funding grants for hiring recent grads that is right for your business.
Connect with Canadian Government Funding and Small Business Loans Ontario Experts
Keep in touch with Mentor Works and their regular news and updates on a wide variety of Canadian business grants and small business loans Ontario by signing up for the Canadian government funding weekly e-newsletter. You can also follow us on your favorite social media networks: LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube!
Still not sure how Mentor Works can help your business achieve a competitive advantage? Watch this short video explaining the value that Mentor Works offers to its clients.