According to Food and Beverage Ontario, Ontario’s broader public sector spends roughly $750 million on food each year. Ontario public institutions are looking for great tasting, safe, and quality products. Could your product be what they are looking for? Food and Beverage Ontario is offering a free learning and networking workshop where you will meet buyers form the public sector that include hospitals, long term care facilities, and schools.
Food and Beverage Ontario Learning and Networking Workshop: Why Attend?
This event will give food processors like your business the opportunity to connect with buyers –and get your product onto their menus. Learn from owners of food processors that have successfully connected with public institution buyers – like Kevin Stemmler, Co-owner of Stemmler Meats, and Steve Tultz, Director of Sales-Food Service Ontario at Bonduelle. Also, participants have the opportunity to discuss business development for in-demand products as well as testing of new products made with locally-sourced ingredients and distribution networks.
New Market Opportunities Learning & Networking Event: Details
Join Food and Beverage Ontario for an afternoon of connecting with Ontario food and beverage processors and public institutions to network and learn how to gain access to this important and lucrative market.
- Date/ Time: Thursday, December 11th, 2014, from 11:30am-3:30pm
- Location: Maple Leaf ThinkFOOD! 6897 Financial Drive, Mississauga, ON L5N 0A8
Food and Beverage Ontario Workshop Agenda
- 11:30am-12:00pm: Registration
- 12:00-1:00pm: Lunch: Speakers: Kevin Stemmler of Stemmler Meats and Steve Tultz of Bonduelle on their experiences in the broader public institutions market.
- 1:00-2:00pm A facilitated panel discussion with Wendy Smith of MEALsource, Joshna Maharah of Ryerson University and Peter Bozzer and Steve Crawford of Gordon Food Service
- 2:00-3:00pm Networking session: Ontario Processor & broader public sector institution buyers
Learn about Government Funding for Business Expansion Activities
Discover Canadian business grant and loan opportunities for Ontario food and beverage processors by signing up for a free Canadian government funding webinar or workshop. And don’t forget to also subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter in order to stay up to date on government funding news and releases, as well as future networking and workshop events.