The Career Focus funding program for the apparel sector is issued by a national not-for-profit organization representing and serving the HR development and adjustment needs of management and employees of the apparel industry. The program is supported by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) as a part of the Federal Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy.
Canadian Business Grants for Hiring in the Apparel Sector: Funding Amount
This Canadian small business grants for hiring program offers up to $15,000 to Canadian companies in the apparel sector.
Government Business Grants for Hiring: Employee Eligibility
All internships will end March 31st, 2015. Participants of this program must be post-secondary graduates of college or university, and must be applying for a position that is within their field of study.
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive);
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada, that is legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Must not be receiving Employment Insurance;
- Internships are full-time (i.e. minimum 30 hours per week), and for a minimum of 3 months; and
- The total amount of the wage subsidy cannot exceed 50% of the salary, to a maximum of $15,000.
Positions Eligible for Funding through this Small Business Grants for Hiring Program
Eligible positions include:
- Information technology positions (i.e. e-commerce),
- Mechanical or industrial engineering positions,
- Production machinery repair specialists,
- Production supervisors and management assistance,
- Quality assurance,
- Financial and accounting positions, and
- Retail, etc.
Find Out if Your Position is Eligible for Canadian Business Grants for Hiring
If you would like to find out whether your position is eligible for funding through this or other Canadian government grants for hiring programs please send your job description and if possible the employee’s resume to a Canadian government funding expert for review.