Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) has now officially released funding in the form of hiring grants, offering up to $12,000 in non-repayable grant money for hiring recent graduates from environmental sciences to a related position within the sector.
Canadian Government Grants for Hiring Environmental Sciences Positions: Funding Details
This hiring grants for small business program offers a 33% wage subsidy, up to $12,000, to companies that hire a recent graduate to an environmental sciences position. Businesses are required to provide training and experience working within an environmental role.
Small Business Government Grants: Organization Eligibility
- Must be a Canadian owned company or a Canadian subsidiary
- Qualified organizations will offer a full-time, permanent position (full-time employment is considered 30+ hours per week and contract positions are not eligible)
- Offer a new position that has a significant environmental component
- Hire a new employee (cannot be an existing employee)
- The organization must promise to support the new hire’s professional development
Canadian Small Business Grants for Hiring: Employee Eligibility
In order to qualify for Canadian government grants through this program employees must meet the following criterion:
- Be less than 31 years of age, (must begin your position before your 31st birthday),
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
- Be a graduate of a post-secondary institution (i.e. college, university, or technical school).
- Be eligible for full-time employment (i.e. not returning to school). Full-time employment is considered to be 30 hours or more per week,
- Be unemployed or underemployed
- Have not worked in a federal youth employment program in the past (former participants in summer employment programs are eligible),
- The participant may not be a family member of the organization’s directors or senior officers.
- Qualified employees must have the intention to earn a certified Environmental Professional in Training Designation
Learn More about Canada Government Grants & Loans for Your Business
Stay connected with Mentor Works to find out more about Canadian small business government grants and loans programs. Subscribe to our Canadian government funding for small business weekly e-newsletter and follow us on your favorite social media network, including: LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, or Tumblr.