Ontario Centre of Excellence Voucher for Innovation and Productivity
The Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) is now offering the OCE Collaboration Voucher Program in order to connect Ontario small and medium-sized businesses with research institutions that may help them overcome obstacles to improve productivity, performance and competitiveness. Post-secondary collaboration credit offered through the OCE’s Voucher Program are not Ontario small business grants, but rather as the name suggests vouchers that can be redeemed for research services from participating Ontario research institutions.
OCE Collaboration Voucher for Innovation and Productivity Allows Access to Multiple Canadian Small Business Grants through a Single Application
The Collaboration Voucher for Innovation and Productivity allows Ontario small and medium-sized businesses the opportunity to apply for the Voucher program and 4 Canada small business grants simultaneously through a single application to the program.
Click on the above image to enlarge in new window.
Stay connected with Mentor Works for greater details regarding program eligibility and the application process by signing up for our Canadian government funding weekly e-newsletter.
Vouchers for Aerospace, Aviation, Advanced Manufacturing, Defense, High-Tech, CleanTech, Software Industries and more
OCE has designed the voucher program to assist a wide variety of industries. Defense companies can use this program to assist with R&D projects utilizing academic partners resources and expertise. Aviation and aerospace companies are able to develop new technologies to increase the efficiencies or performance standards of their products. Software and electrical hardware companies are able to access Universities and Colleges’ unique capabilities and knowledge base to overcome technical barriers. These are just some examples, however Ontario companies that have an innovative collaborative R&D project can benefit from this program.
OCE Voucher and Small Business Grants Eligibility
In order to be eligible for this program, and thus qualify for the associated Ontario business grants, businesses and their projects must meet the following requirements:
- Project length must be 6 months to maximum of 1 year.
- Include one or more investing companies and one academic applicant
- Company must be based in Ontario and the commercialization and results of the project must be used in Ontario
- Academic partner must be an Ontario accredited public academic institution (college, university, research hospital)
- 1:1 cash plus in-kind matching is required
- A minimum of 25% cash-contribution is required. The remainder can be in-kind.
- OCE contributions are provided to the academic institution who is partnering with the company
- Applicants must be in good financial and reporting standing with OCE
- Other program partner rules and eligibility apply for Connect Canada, NSERC Engage, NSERC ARD-1 and NRC-IRAP
Learn More about the OCE Voucher Program and Small Business Grants Canada
To find out more about small business grants and loans programs follow us on YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter. You can also sign up for our Canadian business grants and small business loans weekly e-newsletter