Government of Ontario Grants Additional $50M to the Ontario Together Fund (OTF)
The Government of Ontario has announced an additional investment of $50 million into the renewed Ontario Together Fund (OTF). Since its initial launch in 2020, the provincial funding program has helped dozens of businesses pivot their typical manufacturing operations to focus on producing health solutions for combating COVID-19.
“Healthy people are essential for a healthy economy. With vaccines distribution continuing to increase, hope is on the horizon.”
– Ontario’s Action Plan: Protecting People’s Health and Our Economy
With this added investment, the OTF will continue supporting local Ontario-based businesses on health and safety projects that will enhance Ontario’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic and improve Ontario’s preparedness for future public health emergencies.
What is the Ontario Together Fund (OTF)?
Since its unveiling in April 2020, the Ontario Together Fund (OTF) has helped numerous local businesses in fighting the spread of COVID-19 by providing funding for innovative projects that transition a company’s main operations to instead produce supplies and equipment for the health care sector and frontline workers which help keep Ontarians safe.
A couple examples of successful OTF recipients and their projects include:
- Greenfield Global received funding support for an upgrade to their Johnstown, Ontario facility which now allows them to produce over 114 million extra litres of medical-grade alcohol annually, being used in hand sanitizers and other products that depend on high concentration alcohol.
- OPHARDT Hygiene Technologies Inc. was able to expand their manufacturing facilities to produce more soap and sanitizer dispensers for Ontario residents. The new capacity helped localize and expand their production, increasing the supply by up to 300,000 extra dispensers and one million additional dispenser drive modules per year.
“The renewed Ontario Together Fund will continue to strengthen our domestic manufacturing sector, support local innovators, and boost our world-class MedTech ecosystem.”
– Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
The additional $50 million investment to the Ontario Together Fund (OTF) will maintain focus on supporting local manufacturing and innovation to combat COVID-19 and continue providing essential products critical to the health and safety of Ontarians during and beyond the pandemic.
Funding Snapshot: Renewed Ontario Together Fund (OTF)
- Eligible applicants can receive a conditional grant of up to 75% of eligible costs to a maximum of $2.5 million
- Firms and organizations that serve businesses and/or consumer markets;
- Minimum two years of operations; and
- Financial position to complete the project
- Be based in Ontario
- Support Ontario’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic and/or preparedness for future public health emergencies by:
– Strengthening Ontario’s domestic manufacturing capacity;
– Supporting local technology and innovative solutions; and
– Strengthening Ontario’s MedTech Ecosystem
- Serve business and/or consumer markets
- Projects must be completed by March 31, 2022
- Applications will be accepted until the program ends on March 31, 2022
If your organization is interested in applying for the Ontario Together Fund (OTF), and your project meets the above eligibility criteria, please contact the Mentor Works team for more information.
More Provincial Funding Options for Ontario Businesses
Ontario government grant and loan programs can help businesses on a wide variety of strategic initiatives including business expansion, capital investment, hiring and training, and research and development. By applying for funding prior to the start of an upcoming project, companies may access financial support which can greatly improve desired outcomes.
Visit our Testimonials Page to see how the Mentor Works team has helped hundreds of Canadian clients achieve their business goals by streamlining the government funding application process.