The Poultry and Egg On-Farm Investment Program (PEFIP) is a Canadian federal government grant program that aims to help producers adapt to market changes resulting from the implementation of the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP).
This PEFIP will provide $647,000,000 in grant funding over the next 10 years to food processors and Canadian farms.
The $647M in funding will be allocated towards the following food producers:
- $347.3 million for chicken producers;
- $76.9 million for turkey producers;
- $134 million for egg producers; and
- $88.6 million for broiler hatching egg producers.
Funding Snapshot: Poultry and Egg On-Farm Investment Program (PEFIP)
- Up to 70% of eligible project costs in non-repayable contributions; AAFC may provide up to 85% of eligible costs for Young Producers who were 35 years or younger on Jan. 1, 2021
- Program will fund retroactive activities/cost that were incurred on/after March 19, 2019; projects must be complete by March 31, 2031
- Legal entity capable of entering agreements
- Have held quota/ shares of provincial production on January 1, 2021
- Be one of the following types:
- Poultry and/or egg producers holding quota;
- Poultry and/or egg producers licensed, or equivalent, by a provincial marketing agency;
- Atlantic Canada Hatching Egg Producers; or
- Poultry and/or egg producers under new entrants programs with loaned quota and/ or whole-farm leases with loaned quota at the time of calculation.
The term poultry and/or egg producers includes Canadian:
- Chicken producers
- Turkey producers/breeder
- Egg producers
- Broiler hatching egg producers
On-farm investments in:
- Increasing efficiency or productivity
- Improving on-farm food safety and biosecurity
- Improving environmental sustainability
- Responding to consumer preferences (i.e. animal welfare, organic production, etc.)
Eligible project must be completed by March 31, 2031 to be eligible for funding.
Apply for Poultry and Egg On-Farm Investment Program (PEFIP)
The PEFIP program is accepting applications on an ongoing basis. If you believe your business is eligible for funding through this program, have the team of government grant application writers at Mentor Works take care of the application process on behalf of your organization. Want to know more? Read about The Mentor Works Proactive Funding Process.
Get to know how Mentor Works provides our clients with a 95% time-savings when compared to businesses that apply for funding in-house. Find out if you’re eligible for Poultry and Egg On-Farm Investment Program (PEFIP) funding by calling Mentor Works at 1-888-599-3111 or by messaging us.