New Intake for Tourism Relief Fund: Up to $500K in Funding
The Canadian federal government has extended funding from the Tourism Relief Fund (TRF) for projects that will help encourage more tourism within Canada. This program aims to help tourism businesses and organizations adapt their operations to meet public health requirements while investing in products and services to facilitate their future growth.
Canadian businesses and organizations can receive up to $500K in no-interest repayable funding contributions. This new intake application deadline is November 28, 2022.
The Tourism Relief Fund (TRF) supports sector projects by: empowering tourism businesses to create new or enhance existing tourism experiences and products to attract more local and domestic visitors; and helping the sector reposition itself to welcome international visitors in the post-pandemic era.
Funding Snapshot: Tourism Relief Fund (TRF)
- For-Profit Businesses:
- Up to 50% of eligible expenses to a maximum $100K non-repayable contributions or
- Up to 75% of eligible expenses to a maximum $500K fully repayable contributions
- For Not-for-Profit Organizations & Indigenous Entities (not generating profits):
- Project contribution amounts would not normally exceed $500,000
- Actual contribution amount will be based on the minimum amount required to carry out the project
- Contributions will normally be non‑repayable
- Incorporated businesses (primarily SMEs) and not-for-profit incorporated organizations (including tourism associations and destination marketing organizations).
- Co-operatives , municipalities, municipal development corporations, post-secondary institutions, and Indigenous/First Nations/Métis Settlement-owned businesses or organizations.
- Applicants must be a key supplier/operator or part of a defined tourism cluster or have an anchor product/service that provides the catalyst for the visitor to visit the destination.
- Restaurants, retailers, and hotel chains are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Product development and enhancement of tourism experiences to help tourism businesses to modernize tourism offerings and to help the sector adopt more environmentally sustainable practices.
- Creating, adapting, and enhancing protocols and permanent infrastructure to meet health and safety requirements to accommodate visitors/employees.
- Modernizing operations, attractions, greening initiatives, and online sales services and developing capacity for more inclusive tourism experiences (e.g., staff training to ensure welcoming, gender-neutral washroom facilities, etc.)
- Destination development projects that would position communities to take advantage of post-pandemic opportunities.
- Enhancing tourism services and experiences, including market readiness designed to help communities and SMEs develop experiential tourism.
- Implementing strategies to re-activate and animate downtown cores, main streets, and business districts.
*Recipients will not normally receive funding for more than one project.
- This new application intake deadline is November 28, 2022.
- The project start date cannot be earlier than April 19, 2021.
- Projects must be completed before March 31, 2023.
Apply for the Tourism Relief Fund (TRF)
The Tourism Relief Fund is available on a first come, first serve basis until funding for this program has been exhausted, the deadline to apply for this new intake is November 28, 2022.
If your business has a project in mind and looks to be eligible for this program, contact the Mentor Works government funding application writing team to assist you throughout the application process.
To find more COVID-19 support grants and loan programs from the Canadian federal and provincial governments, visit our COVID-19 business support page for helpful resources and the latest news on funding programs.
I would like to apply all above whatever suit me maximize amount
Hi Asif – If you’re interested in applying for this funding program, feel free to let us know a bit more about your project by filling out our Contact Form and we can confirm your eligibility and, if eligible, help you through the application project. Thanks for reaching out!