Receive up to $50,000 in Funding for Clean Tech Projects
The Bioenterprise FoodShift program is an initiatives by FedDev Ontario that supports food & beverage processors integrate new clean technologies in their operations. The project must be conducted in collaboration with a clean technology provider.
This Program is Currently Closed
Please view the Government Funding Directory to explore other incentives for your upcoming strategic initiatives. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn about future intake periods and related funding programs.
Amount of Funding
Access up to 50% up to $50,000 of the eligible costs.
Applicants may be eligible for this funding is they meet these criteria:
- Can be for-profit or not-for-profit corporations operating in the Food & Beverage Processing Industry;
- Incorporated in Canada and Located in Sothern Ontario; and
- Generating a minimum of $1 million in annual revenues.
A Clean Technology Provider may be eligible if they meet these requirements:
- Can be a for-profit or not-for-profit corporation with proven clean tech application; and
- Must help the food processor embrace automation in their facilities, reduce waste and energy consumption, significantly reduce their carbon footprint, and transition towards a net-zero future.
Funding may be used to cover advisory, acquisition, and commissioning costs related to the new clean technology:
- Involve the adoption and integration of a clean technology at minimum TRL-8 or above;
- Demonstrate the impact of project financing on reducing the applicant’s carbon footprint and/or transitioning to a green economy and net-zero future;
- Project start date no earlier than June 10, 2022, and ending no later than March 31, 2024; and
- Generate outcomes with significant positive benefits to southern Ontario including but not limited to, revenue generation, jobs created and maintained, attracting new investment, generating IP, etc.
This program is currently closed.