Receive up to $50,000 in Funding for Clean Tech Projects
The Bioenterprise FoodShift program is an initiatives by FedDev Ontario that supports food & beverage processors integrate new clean technologies in their operations. The project must be conducted in collaboration with a clean technology provider.
Amount of Funding
Access up to 50% up to $50,000 of the eligible costs.
Applicants may be eligible for this funding is they meet these criteria:
- Can be for-profit or not-for-profit corporations operating in the Food & Beverage Processing Industry;
- Incorporated in Canada and Located in Sothern Ontario; and
- Generating a minimum of $1 million in annual revenues.
A Clean Technology Provider may be eligible if they meet these requirements:
- Can be a for-profit or not-for-profit corporation with proven clean tech application; and
- Must help the food processor embrace automation in their facilities, reduce waste and energy consumption, significantly reduce their carbon footprint, and transition towards a net-zero future.
Funding may be used to cover advisory, acquisition, and commissioning costs related to the new clean technology:
- Involve the adoption and integration of a clean technology at minimum TRL-8 or above;
- Demonstrate the impact of project financing on reducing the applicant’s carbon footprint and/or transitioning to a green economy and net-zero future;
- Project start date no earlier than June 10, 2022, and ending no later than March 31, 2024; and
- Generate outcomes with significant positive benefits to southern Ontario including but not limited to, revenue generation, jobs created and maintained, attracting new investment, generating IP, etc.
- Rolling intake for applications opens today and will be reviewed on a rolling basis succeeding the following cut-off dates:
- Tuesday, November 22, 2022;
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023; and
- Tuesday, February 28, 2023.