Receive up to $30,000 in Grant Funding.
The Mitacs Elevate program provides support to industry/academic partnerships to solve critical industry issues through innovative means. For Ontario, funding priority is given to projects in the following industries: Health Science & Tech, Clean Tech, Dig Media & ICT, Advanced Manufacturing, Finance, Automotive.
To learn more about other programs offered by the Mitacs organization, visit the Mitacs home page.
Amount of Funding
Eligible partner organizations may have a project budget of up to $60,000/year for two years: $30,000 Mitacs grant + $30,000 company contribution.
This includes a $5,000 stipend for fellows and an allotment for research costs, equipment, etc. that may amount up to $5,000.
A partnering organization for the Mitacs Elevate program may be eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Canadian or have a Canadian location of a foreign-owned organization
- The organization will be an end user of the research;
- The partnering organization has a site where the fellow undertakes at least 50% of the fellowship interacting with the partner;
- The organization is a for-profit corporation or a crown corporation that is receiving less than 50% of their revenues from any government source; and
- The organization is an eligible not-for-profit (NFP) corporation. This may include industry associations, charities, or economic development organizations.
EligibleMitacs activities must be related to solving a challenge for Canadians. Below is a list of examples for eligible activities:
- A project which id determining and identifying certain barriers to meaningful employment of blind Canadians with the goal of creating improved employment opportunities for an underemployed population;
- How to design themed video games and apps for a theatre festival so that the festival gains a new audience; and
- how to develop a pilot program to helps stroke victims return to work which may be implemented to reduce recovery times and a provide a faster return to the workplace.
Bi-annual call for proposals (spring and fall).