The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) is a federal-provincial-territorial government funding program providing many streams of financial support. Its Ontario Organizations & Collaborations stream specifically supports non-profits, industry organizations, and collaborative partnerships between two or more parties who represent or are actively involved in the agricultural industry. Through the program, participants may offset a portion of eligible project costs which directly supports the industry’s competitiveness and growth opportunities.
- Amount: Up to 50%-75% of eligible project expenses to a maximum $1 million, awarded as an Ontario government grant. The total amount of funding is dependent on the project’s level of innovation.
- Timeline: Periodic call for proposals throughout the year based on timelines provided by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA). Next deadline is anticipated for March-April 2019.
- Eligibility: Ontario based applicant with collaborators across industry or sector organizations; must include information sharing.
- Project Focus: Eligible projects focus on economic development, environmental stewardship, and protection and assurance.
Top Canadian Agricultural Partnership: Ontario Processors Resources
Government funding resources for the Canadian Agricultural Partnership: Ontario Organizations & Collaborations program will become available in early 2019.
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Ontario: Eligibility for Producers
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership for Ontario Processors: Eligibility
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Ontario Grants for Food Producers
- Top 4 Funding Programs for Ontario’s Agri-Food Industry
- Growing Forward 2 (GF2) Invests $180k in 4 Ontario Food Processors
Posted: July 10, 2013. Updated: November 2, 2018.