Previously known as: Canadian Agricultural Partnership: Ontario Organizations & Collaborations
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) is a federal-provincial-territorial government funding program providing many streams of financial support. Its Ontario Organizations & Collaborations stream called Place to Grow: Agri-Food Innovation Initiative, specifically supports non-profits, industry organizations, and collaborative partnerships between two or more parties who represent or are actively involved in the agricultural industry. Through the program, participants may offset a portion of eligible project costs which directly supports the industry’s competitiveness and growth opportunities.
- Amount: Up to 50%-75% of eligible project expenses to a maximum $1 million, awarded as an Ontario government grant. The total amount of funding is dependent on the project’s level of innovation.
- Timeline: Periodic call for proposals throughout the year based on timelines provided by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA). The program’s current call for proposals has a deadline of September 27, 2019. Another CAP intake period is expected for Winter 2020.
- Eligibility: Ontario based applicant with collaborators across industry or sector organizations; must include information sharing.
- Project Focus: Eligible projects focus on economic development, environmental stewardship, and protection and assurance.
Place to Grow: Agri-Food Innovation Initiative Resources
Place to Grow: Agri-Food Innovation Initiative Deadline: Ontario agricultural organizations and businesses can apply for new Place to Grow: Agri-Food Innovation Initiative funding from August 15 to September 27, 2019.
- Place to Grow: Agri-Food Innovation Initiative: Apply by September 27
- Top Canadian Agriculture Grants for the Food and Beverage Industry
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Ontario: Eligibility for Producers
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership for Ontario Processors: Eligibility
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Ontario Grants for Food Producers
Posted: July 10, 2013. Updated: August 12, 2019.