The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) is a federal-provincial-territorial government funding program providing many streams of financial support. Its Ontario Organizations & Collaborations stream specifically supports non-profits, industry organizations, and collaborative partnerships between two or more parties who represent or are actively involved in the agricultural industry. Through the program, participants may offset a portion of eligible project costs which directly supports the industry’s competitiveness and growth opportunities.
- Amount: Up to 50%-75% of eligible project expenses to a maximum $1 million, awarded as an Ontario government grant. The total amount of funding is dependent on the project’s level of innovation.
- Timeline: Periodic call for proposals throughout the year based on timelines provided by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA). The program’s current call for proposals has a deadline of September 27, 2019. Another CAP intake period is expected for Winter 2020.
- Eligibility: Ontario based applicant with collaborators across industry or sector organizations; must include information sharing.
- Project Focus: Eligible projects focus on economic development, environmental stewardship, and protection and assurance.
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Ontario: Apply by September 27, 2019
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Ontario: Eligibility for Producers
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership for Ontario Processors: Eligibility
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Ontario Grants for Food Producers
- Top 4 Funding Programs for Ontario’s Agri-Food Industry
Posted: July 10, 2013. Updated: June 20, 2019.