The Canada-Ontario Job Grant was created to provide training for Canadian employees in order to improve their employability and in-demand skillsets.
- Amount: Non-repayable grant contributions of 50-83% of training costs (ie. course, exams, textbooks, software resources, etc.) up to a limit of $10k-$15k per trainee.
- Timeline: Training projects must be completed within the year and cannot be over 12 months in length. 6-year program from 2014-2020.
- Eligibility: Ontario-based SME with a minimum $2 million in liability insurance for the duration of training. Trainees must be residents of Ontario, and a permanent Canadian citizen or granted refugee status.
Top Canada-Ontario Job Grant Resources
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant Program Overview: Learn how to take advantage of the COJG to enhance your workforce, receiving up to 50-83% in grant support per trainee.
- COJG Training Grants Eligibility Criteria: Find out if your company, project, and training expenses qualify for the Canada-Ontario Job Grant.
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant FAQs: Discover the answers to some of COJG’s most frequently asked questions.
- COJG Consortium Training Update: Explore how employers can access the benefits of a large government-funded training program while only sending a few employees.
- COJG Training Grants 2018 Program Update: The COJG funding program announced major changes in early 2018. Learn more about how the program will support businesses.
- [WEBINAR] November 21: Training Grants for Sales Team Development
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant: Training Grants for Workforce Development
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant: Do You Qualify for Business Training Grants?
- Employment Ontario Government Incentives for Hiring Youth Workers
- COJG Training Grants for Employer Consortiums
Posted: October 7, 2014 by Chris Casemore. Updated: August 3, 2018 by Jeff Shepherd.