Launched in 2014 as a 6-year initiative, this training grant is a segment of the $194M/year Canada Job Grant initiative as part of Canada’s Economic Action Plan. The Canada-Ontario Job Grant was created to provide training for Canadian employees in order to improve their employability and in-demand skillsets.
- Amount: Non-repayable grant contributions of 66% of training costs (ie. course, exams, textbooks, software resources, etc.) up to a max limit of $10k per trainee.
- Timeline: Training projects must be completed within the year and cannot be over 12 months in length. 6-year program from 2014-2020.
- Eligibility: Ontario-based SME w/ $2M liability insurance. Trainee must be a resident of Ontario, permanent Canadian citizen, or granted refugee status.
Top Canada-Ontario Job Grant Resources
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant Program Overview: Learn how to take advantage of the COJG to enhance your workforce, receiving up to 2/3 or $10K in grant support per trainee.
- COJG Training Grants Eligibility Criteria: Find out if your company, project, and training expenses qualify for the Canada-Ontario Job Grant.
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant FAQs: Discover the answers to some of COJG’s most frequently asked questions
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant Supports Training of 38 Employees
- $41k in Training Grants Awarded to McLean Hallmark
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG): Training Grants for Workforce Development
- Ontario Training Grants Help Astound Group Implement a New ERP System
- +$275k in Ontario Training Grants Support Alpha Poly Packing Solutions