Update: The Commercialization Support for Business Program (CSBP) is closed and no longer accepting applications. Please refer to the Innovation Growth Program for similar support.
The Commercialization Support for Business Program (CSBP) provides grant funding to support up to 50% for the commercialization of innovative products and processes. Three streams of funding are available for product development, commercialization, and export market development.
- Amount: Manitoba government grants worth up to 50% of eligible expenses to a maximum depending on the funding stream. (1) Product Development: $50,000 (2) Commercialization: $250,000 (3) Market Development: $30,000. Lifetime maximum $250,000.
- Timeline: Continuous proposal intake; 3-week response for stream 1 & 3.
- Eligibility: For-profit businesses with at least 25% of workforce residing in Manitoba. Must also have <50 employees or <$15M gross revenue in the last calendar year.
- Project Themes: Prototype development, product certification/verification, beta trials, marketing and sales plan production, export trade show exhibition, marketing material translation.
Top Commercialization Support for Business Program Resources
- CSBP Program Overview: Manitoba’s CSBP small business grants offer funding to help companies accelerate the deployment of innovative technologies. Discover if the program is a good fit for your project.
- CSBP Eligibility Criteria: The Commercialization Support for Business Program is selective about the types of businesses and projects it will fund. Discover if your business is eligible for CSBP grants.
- Manitoba Commercialization Support for Business Program (CSBP) Eligibility
- Manitoba Commercialization Support for Business Program (CSBP)
Updated: March 10, 2020