The Mitacs Elevate program provides support to industry/academic partnerships to solve critical industry issues through innovative means. For Ontario, funding priority is given to projects in the following industries: Health Science & Tech, Clean Tech, Dig Media & ICT, Advanced Manufacturing, Finance, Automotive.
- Amount: Project budget of $55,000/year for 2 years: $25,000 Mitacs grant + $30,000 company contribution.
- Timeline: Bi-Annual call for proposals (spring & fall).
- Eligibility: Post PhD + Canadian based for profit company both located in the same province.
- Projects: 2-year research project to solve specific industry problem.
Top Mitacs Elevate Resources:
- Mitacs Elevate Overview Blog: A summary of Mitacs Elevate, its purpose, and which organizations are eligible to receive the research funding.
- Mitacs Elevate Eligibility Blog: Learn more about your firm’s eligibility for Mitacs Elevate.
- How to Qualify for Mitacs Elevate Research Grants
- Innovating Food with Universities & Canadian Government Funding
- Mitacs Awards Highlights the Significance of Developing Research Talent
- Canadian Patent Awarded for MedTech Research and Development
- Can Innovative Research and Development Boost Canada’s Economy?