Advanced Research & Commercialization (ARC) – Grants for Developing Zero-Emission Vehicle Tech
With the global climate crisis becoming more and more of an issue, the B.C. provincial government has allocated new funding towards supporting companies operating in the zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) sector, and incentivising more companies to consider entering the environmentally friendly sector.
The road transport sector is responsible for 74% of global CO2 emissions. Eliminating our reliance on fossil fuels won’t happen overnight, but Canada is working towards becoming a leader in finding environmentally friendly solutions to this issue.
The Advanced Research & Commercialization (ARC) program has a total funding call valued at $4.18M, with the average awarded amount at $200K-$250K. This program provides funding towards expediting the creation of new ZEV tech in B.C. within the next three years.
Funding Snapshot: The Advanced Research & Commercialization (ARC) Program
- Amount: 50% eligible costs, with the average amount awarded between $200K-$250K
- Eligible Applicants: any private entity or organization operating in the ZEV sector, validly incorporated or registered in Canada.
- Eligible Activities:
- Pre-commercial research and development of a B.C.-based ZEV product, service, or technology;
- Commercialization of a B.C.-based ZEV product, service, or technology, including investments in manufacturing facilities or processes;
- Use or demonstration of a B.C.-based ZEV product, service, or technology; and
- TRL of 3 or higher at the start of the project and must be completed within three years.
Apply for the Advanced Research & Commercialization (ARC) Program
This program is currently accepting EOIs until August 14, 2020. We encourage you to reach out to a member of the Mentor Works team to find out if your business is eligible for this program. Zero-emission vehicle manufacturers located in or outside of B.C. may be eligible for funding through the Zero-Emission Vehicle Infrastructure Program (ZEVI) or the Zero-Emission Vehicle Awareness Initiative (ZEVAI).
The Canadian federal and provincial governments have a wealth of funding programs for businesses that are helping to reduce our carbon footprint. Reach out to a member of the Mentor Works team or by calling 1-888-599-3111 to see if your business is eligible for grant, loan, and wage subsidy programs.