AgriRisk Initiative Research and Development Funding
The AgriRisk Initiatives (ARI) Program is a Growing Forward 2 (GF2) Business Risk Management (BRM) Initiative. The program will provide financial and technical assistance to approved projects. Research and development funding provided through AgriRisk Initiative small business grants aim to help establish relationships between agriculture industry stakeholder organizations and private sector financial agencies.
AgriRisk Initiative Research and Development Funding Focus
The objective of ARI government funding for research and development Canada offered through the AgriRisk Initiatives are two-fold:
- The initiative will help encourage the increased long-term growth and competitiveness of the nation’s agriculture, agri-food and agri-products sector.
- AgriRisk government small business grants will also help foster stronger cooperative and strategic alliances and partnerships between Canada’s agriculture, agri-food, and agri-products sector, and the domestic and international financial services industry.
Government Small Business Grants Funding Amount
ARI Canadian small business grants approved projects will be awarded up to a maximum of $500,000 in support per fiscal year.
ARI Canadian Government Funding Streams
The AgriRisk Initiatives Program offers two separate business lines: (1) Research and Development (R&D) projects, and (2) Administrative Capacity Building (ACB) projects which will be launched in late summer 2013. Stay tuned to Mentor Works Canadian government funding experts for more information upon its release.
ARI Small Business Grants Canada Eligible Expenses
Research and development funding offered through Canada small business grants will support activities including but not limited to the following:
- Risk assessments, including sector risk profiles and benchmarking analysis
- Data collection and analysis
- Actuarial certifications
- Developing a business case to secure a delivery agent
- Developing insurance-based risk management tools (e.g., price, mortality, business interruption plans and products)
- Developing alternative risk management tools to enhance market returns and address on-farm liability issues
- Developing project materials, project communications and advertising,
- Conducting outreach/extension services with initial or ultimate recipient(s) and project public notices;
- Industry consultation and product fine-tuning
- Creating work processes, policy wordings and product options
- Developing a product launch strategy
- Establishing the entity organizational structure framework
- Developing communications products and advertising
Learn More about Small Business Grants and Loans Offered through Growing Forward 2
To stay up to date on small business grants and small business loans Ontario as well as other funding for small business opportunities offered throughout Canada sign up for our Canadian government funding weekly e-newsletter. And don’t forget to follow us on your favorite social media channel, including YouTube and LinkedIn.