Alberta Innovates Product Demonstration Fund: 2015 Deadlines
Alberta Innovates Technology Futures (AITF) is an organization that leverages strong partnerships and support to help technical industries develop products and move them to market through the parent organization, Alberta Innovates. AITF is making progress to this end by building upon the province’s established advantage in industries like nanotechnology, information communication technologies, and genomics.
The Alberta Innovates Technology Futures (AITF) – Product Demonstration Fund
Funding ranging from $100,000 to $300,000, or covering up to 50% of eligible expenses, the AITF’s Product Demonstration Fund is assisting businesses located in Alberta that have commercialization-ready, innovative technology in the following industries:
- Information and communication services;
- Health; and
- Life sciences such as forestry, agriculture and biotechnology.
AITF Product Demonstration Fund: Program Details
The AITF Product Demonstration Fund accepts applications four times per year and will cover costs such as consultants working on the project, researchers, technicians, and support staff salaries, as well as equipment, instruments, materials and supplies, and overhead costs associated with the project.
- Amount: Grant funding from $100,000-$300,000 to a maximum of 50% of the project costs.
- Timeline: Expressions of Interest are accepted four times a year on the following deadlines: January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, and October 1st.
- Eligibility: Alberta-based for-profit companies that have commercialization ready technology are invited to submit an Expression of Interest.
Learn more about the Product Development Fund Alberta Business Grants Program
Select from one of the following to learn more about the AITF’s Product Development Fund:
Funding Selection and Support Services for Alberta-based SMEs
Mentor Works assists small and medium-sized businesses from across Canada select and access funding to overcome obstacles to growth. If you are a business with more than 15 employees that manufactures or performs R&D in Canada contact a Canadian government funding expert to learn more about some of the Alberta Innovates funding opportunities that exist for your company.