Canada-Manitoba Job Grant: Training Grants to Enhance Your Workforce
The Canada-Manitoba Job Grant (CMJG) is a government grant designed to help businesses invest in employee training programs. Through Canadian government funding, employers will be able to reduce the cost of providing new and existing employees. When accessed on a regular basis, CMJG grants can help develop a more skilled and innovative workforce.
CMJG provides up to 50-83% of third-party training expenses to a maximum $10,000-$15,000 per trainee. Manitoba employers may access up to $100,000 per funding application.
Training programs must be provided from a trainer or training organization working at arm’s length from the applicant and support improved skillsets. Most training programs will be considered for funding if they have a direct benefit on employee skillsets and/or lead to the hiring of new workers.
Canada-Manitoba Job Grant Funding for Training
The Canada-Manitoba Job Grant extends cash flow and training budgets so that employees can receive more frequent training opportunities. All successfully-funded training programs require sessions to be led by a third-party trainer, so internal training is generally considered ineligible.
- Large Employers (100+ Employees): Up to 50% of eligible training expenses to a maximum $10,000 per trainee.
- Small Employers (<100 Employees): Up to 83% of eligible training expenses to a maximum $10,000 per trainee.
- Small Employers Hiring and Training Unemployed Individuals: Up to 100% of eligible training costs to a maximum $15,000 per trainee. All trainees are eligible for increased funding, not just those who are new hires.
Types of Programs Eligible for Training Grants
CMJG applicants may invest in a wide variety of third-party training programs, including (but not limited to):
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma;
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Systems;
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems;
- Specialized Materials and Equipment Operations;
- Management and Leadership; and
- Customer Service.
Canada-Manitoba Job Grant Eligibility Requirements
To be considered for the Canada-Manitoba Job Grant employers and employees must meet the following eligibility criteria:
To qualify for CMJG applicants must be either a(n):
- Individual employer (for-profit or non-profit);
- Industry association;
- Training coordinator;
- Employer consortia; or
- Union hall.
Please Note: The CMJG program does not support publicly funded organizations.
Eligible candidates for training include individuals who are a(n):
- Resident of Manitoba; and
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Please Note: Temporary foreign workers are not considered eligible candidates for the CMJG program.
Canada-Manitoba Job Grant Required Training Outcomes
By accessing CMJG training grants, employers must demonstrate how the training will:
- Impact an employee’s role/job title;
- Improve an employee’s salary;
- Provide the business with new abilities; and
- Encourage new employment opportunities.
Please Note: Eligible projects must be completed within the government’s fiscal year (April 1 – March 31).
How to Apply for CMJG Workforce Training Grants
To apply to the Canada-Manitoba Job Grant, eligible candidates must contact Manitoba’s employment services to obtain application forms and set up an introductory meeting.
Manitoba is now accepting applications for the Canada-Manitoba Job Grant for training delivered between April 2020 and March 2021.
Interested businesses may contact Mentor Works to learn more about the Canada-Manitoba Job Grant. Our team of Government Funding Planners™ can confirm your business’ eligibility and provide further information regarding the application submission process.