The Canadian federal government and the Manitoba provincial government have agreed to allocate a combined $3 million through a cost-shared Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) program to support projects that will help agricultural processors mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
CAP Manitoba will contribute a maximum of 50% of eligible project costs, up to $25,000 per applicant.
The CAP Manitoba program was created as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the immediate need for sanitization supplies, PPE, and implementing social distancing protocols.
Funding Overview: What Does Canadian Agricultural Partnership Manitoba Cover?
The new federal and provincial COVID-19 response initiative will provide a maximum of $25,000 per applicant, up to 50% of eligible project costs, to agri-food and agri-product processors, food distributors, and agri-food industry organizations towards the following projects:
- Purchasing personal protective equipment (PPE) and sanitation supplies for employees;
- Developing and implementing business continuity practices, training, and resources to support COVID-19 mitigation; and
- (Beginning in September) Materials, supplies, and equipment rentals needed to adapt production processes to meet social distancing best practices and other precautions related to COVID-19.
Program Deadline and Project Timelines
Government funding programs have an intake period for accepting applications, with successful applicants then completing eligible activities within a firm project timeline in order to receive the funding they were approved for.
- Eligible costs must be directly related to the execution of a COVID-19 protection project, and must be incurred between March 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021.
- Projects must be completed on or before January 31, 2021.
Apply for CAP Manitoba Funding
If your agri-business operates out of Manitoba and is in need of government funding for PPE and sanitization supplies, we strongly encourage you to apply for this program as soon as possible due to the high volume of applications the program is receiving. Mentor Works’ team of government funding planners can identify if your business is eligible to receive funding for this program, as well as find other government grants, loans, and wage subsidies that your business may be eligible for. Contact a member of the Mentor Works team or call us at 1-888-599-3111 to get the application process started.
The Canadian federal and provincial governments have been updating and launching new COVID-19 business support programs at a rapid pace. You can find the latest program updates by visiting our COVID-19 support programs page, or by attending one of our COVID-19 webinars to hear the latest info about the top coronavirus support programs.