Canadian Business Grants for Geomatics: TECTERRA Commercialization Support Services

Editor’s Note: Since this article’s posting, TECTERRA funding programs have been re-launched to provide enhanced support. For details of these new funding streams, visit Mentor Works’ TECTERRA program page.

TECTERRA is a government funded organization based in Alberta. TECTERRA’s purpose is to provide support to start-ups and SME’s in the field of geomatics, across Canada.

small business grants for hiringWhat kind of support is available through TECTERRA small business grants and support services?

TECTERRA offers financial support through investment and Canadian small business grants to assist geomatics companies with the development and commercialization of new geomatics technology. TECTERRA offers other services including networking and a laboratory for use by geomatics companies that it helps.

What is the TECTERRA Commercialization Support Services (CSS) funding program?

The TECTERRA CSS program provides financial support to help businesses take training courses to learn skills that enable the successful running of a business and commercialization of products.

What kind of Canadian government funding does the TECTERRA CSS program offer?

The TECTERRA CSS program offers Canadian business grants that cover up to 75% of the project costs. The CSS program also pays the remaining 25% up front for the business, to be repaid once the training is completed. Applicants can access up to $50,000 in Canadian government funding per calendar year.

With the CSS small business grants for training program, can I use any vendor for business skills development training?

No. TECTERRA has a list of qualified vendors that you must choose from.

What areas of training are covered by the CSS Canadian government grants program?

The following types of training opportunities are covered by the CSS small business government grants program:

  • Entrepreneurial coaching
  • Strategic planning and mapping of programs & tactics to strategy
  • HR management and development
  • Project management
  • Risk identification and mitigation strategies
  • Supply chain management
  • Go to market techniques and opportunity assessments
  • Promotion, communication and branding strategies
  • Intellectual property management
  • Financing options and exit strategies
  • Other skills & practices important to commercialization success

What costs are eligible under the TECTERRA CSS grants from Canadian government program?

The following costs are eligible for funding under the TECTERRA CSS Canada small business grants:

  • Consultancy service fees of Approved Service Providers (ASP)
  • Travel expenses
  • Reference materials and supplies
  • Workshop and conference registrations
  • Other necessary direct costs

What costs are not covered by the TECTERRA CSS small business grants program?

The following costs are not eligible for funding through the TECTERRA CSS Canadian business grants program:

  • License or other regulatory, administrative or legal fees
  • Business organization fees
  • Salaries or time charges for the applicant or its employees
  • Indirect or overhead expenses from the applicant including allocated space or facility costs
  • Gifts
  • All expenses not related to the activity
  • Refundable GST

Is there a deadline for application to the CSS small business grants Canada program?

No there isn’t a deadline to apply for the CSS funding for small business program. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.

How do I find our more information on Canada small business grants through TECTERRA?

Learn more about small business grants and support services offered through TECTERRA.

Stay Connected with Mentor Works Small Business Grants and Loans Experts

Keep up to date on all things related to Canadian government funding by signing up for our Canadian small business grants and loans weekly e-newsletter and by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter.  Not yet an established company?  If you have fewer than 15 employees, have not been incorporated for a minimum of 3 years then download our free funding for startups checklist.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *