Canadian Dairy Commission’s Matching Investment Fund
The Canadian Dairy Commission’s Matching Investment Fund is providing $6 million in government funding for business to encourage growth and innovation in the manufacturing and use of Canadian dairy products and ingredients. The approved project could receive:
- $50,000 for consultations
- $250,000 for product development
- The Canadian government grants must be matched in cash by the applicant
If you are a small business that has less than 25 employees with a project not exceeding $5,000 in costs, you are not required to match the investment requirements.
Grant Funding for Business Criteria
Any registered Canadian company or recognized food technology centre that develops or manufactures Canadian dairy products and ingredients are eligible for these business funding grants. To qualify for grant funding for business, a company must either:
- Incorporate a Canadian dairy ingredient in a product formulation where no dairy ingredients has been previously used
- Develop and market an innovative further-processed product containing Canadian dairy ingredients
- Replace substitute ingredient in a product formulation with a Canadian dairy ingredient
- Conduct technology/knowledge transfer activities with demonstrated benefit for a company or for the Canadian dairy industry as a whole
Submission Window: Applications will be accepted from August 1, 2009 to July 31, 2012
Applying for Small Business Government Grants
If you are interested in applying to the Canadian Dairy Commission’s Matching Investment Fund or other Canadian business grants, contact one of our Canadian Government Funding Experts or Sign Up For A 60 Minute Workshop. In addition, connect with us on LinkedIn to receive the latest details on government funding available.