The Sectoral Youth Career Focus Program is open to all organizations of the food processing sectors. The objective of the Food Processing HR Council is to provide well-trained and well-skilled workforce to the Canadian food processing industry via a wage subsidy.
Sectoral Youth Career Focus Program Overview
The approved projects will gain business funding grants and significantly benefit young workers who are currently unemployed or underemployed within the food processing industry. As the graduate student gains work experience in their area of expertise, they will increase their chance of being employed after the work term is complete. Employers will benefit from gaining access to skilled people and reduced cost of wages through these small business funding grants.
This government funding for business hiring program focuses on:
- Increasing the supply of highly qualified people to the sector
- Promoting the benefits of advanced food processing and other related studies of youth
- Helping highly skilled young people transit from school to work
- Demonstrating leadership in partnership with the Government of Canada by investing in the skills required to meet professional needs of youth and labour needs of food processing industry
Career Focus: Government Funding for Business Eligibility
Eligible companies can receive up to $1 for each $1 wage contribution of up to $15,000 in business funding grants. The length of employment must range from a minimum of 4-12 months. This can be compared to ICTC’s Career Focus Program that supports a maximum of $10,000 for 4-8 months of a graduate students wage that is working on IT related tasks.
Eligibility requirements for these small business government grants includes:
- Being a graduate of a post-secondary program
- Must be between 15-30 years of age
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or persons on whom refugee protection has been conferred
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits
- Eligible companies are food manufacturers
- Provide fulltime work of a minimum of 30 hours per week
Qualified positions to receive this Ontario government funding may include:
- Other technical abilities
Sectoral Youth Career Focus Program Available: August 1st, 2012 – March 31st, 2013
Ontario Government Grants for Hiring Support
To receive additional support on the application process for this initiative, contact one of our Funding for Small Business Experts or sign up for a 60 Minute Canadian Government Funding Workshop. Additionally, you can receive regular updates on the latest Canadian business funding programs by signing up for our Weekly Government Funding for Business E-Newsletter or following us on Facebook.