Canadian Youth Business Foundation (CYBF) Newcomer Program
If you have recently moved to Canada and are between the ages of 18-39 that has a feasible business idea and are looking for guidance, I strongly recommend you contact the Canadian Youth Business Foundation.
What does the Newcomer Program offer?
The Newcomer Program provides you with all the benefits of CYBF’s other programs. This may include the following:
- Start-up coaching
- Business resources
This program also ensures that you have specialized support to better understand Canadian business customs and overcome any language or cultural barriers that may exist. If you have already established credit history in Canada, you may be eligible for their Start-Up Program.
Newcomer Program Overview
Specifically this program offers eligible applicants the following:
- Flexible financing of up to $7,500 from CYBF and up to $7,500 in additional financial support from the Business Development Bank of Canada.
- Network of community partners located across Canada that will direct you to additional small business resources in your area.
- Aid in establishing and finalizing your business plan.
- Mentoring program that matches you with a mentor who has the experience and expertise to help you make the best decisions for your business .
- Several entrepreneurs-in-residence can provide you with support and guidance in all areas.
- Access to Entrepeer and Online Business Resource Centre network.
Additional Funding for Small Business Support
The Industry Investment Program is currently closed and not accepting any proposals. However, there are still many Canadian government funding programs available through TECTERRA and other organizations. Be sure to contact one of our Canadian Government Funding Experts, or subscribe to our Weekly Ontario Small Business Funding Newsletter to learn more about these funding for small business programs. Additionally, you can receive current updates on Canadian government funding mechanisms by following us on LinkedIn or Twitter.