Companies that are planning chemistry-driven green projects and want $50,000-$150,000 in non-repayable funding support, read on. The GreenCentre Canada has received $1.5 million from the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation to encourage small- and medium-sized chemical companies to conduct research and development projects related to green innovation. The program was introduced to address a finding that companies are willing to tackle green innovation early on in their lifecycle. This is a perfect source of funding for companies looking to tackle energy conservation, waste reduction, and efficiency enhancement projects.
Am I Eligible?
GreenCentre Canada is looking for applicants with the following characteristics:
- Planning a chemistry-oriented green project, relating to “leap-frog” or “disruptive” technologies
- Chemical process technologies include oil extraction, ingredient companies, bio energy companies.
- Can cover 75% of the project costs via cash, in-kind contributions, other funding programs, or federal tax credits.
- Must be chemical technology developers, not adopters.
- Companies must have annual revenues of $5 million or less.
How Do I Apply?
Interested companies can contact Mentor Works to receive expert guidance on the application process. If you would like to contact a GreenCentre Canada representative, feel free to call or email Mary Anne Beaudette at 613-507-4700 ext. 129 or Maryanne.email@example.com respectively.