The Manitoba Innovation Growth Program (IGP) is a provincial government grant program that offers funding for projects that include hiring new employees, improving your current processes, and marketing your products / services. This cost-sharing program was designed to assist local Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) in developing and commercializing new innovative products and processes. This program approves projects using a competitive application process and quarterly intake periods.
Manitoba businesses can receive up to 50% of eligible project costs to a maximum amount of $100,000 in non-repayable grant funding.
The Manitoba provincial government recently allocated $286,500 towards this program in June, and $200,000 in February. You can find additional provincial and federal grant, loan, and tax credit programs on our Manitoba funding directory page.
Program Snapshot: Manitoba Innovation Growth Program (IGP)
The Manitoba IGP was created with the objectives of:
- Commercializing innovative products or processes;
- Leveraging private sector investment in new product development;
- Creating economic growth for the province;
- Creating new local jobs; and
- Growing Manitoba exports.
Amount of Funding:
Businesses that have been approved for funding through this project can receive up to 50% of overall project costs, to a maximum of $100,000 per project in non-repayable grant funding.
Businesses that are eligible for funding through the IGP program must meet the following criteria:
- For-profit, taxable Canadian Controlled Private Corporations with a permanent establishment in Manitoba that pay at least 50% of total salaries and wages to Manitoba resident employees;
- Annual revenue of $15 million or less, or fewer than 100 full time equivalent employees, including its affiliates on a consolidated basis; and
- Demonstrate owner investment of $25,000 in cash equity invested in the business prior to application.
Eligible applicants can apply to the Manitoba IGP program for the following project activities:
- Development of new innovative products and processes;
- Commercializing market ready innovative products or processes; and
- Net new Manitoba employee hires (internal labour).
View previously successful Manitoba Innovation Growth Program (IGP) projects that were awarded funding through this program in the past.
This program has multiple upcoming application intake deadlines. The first round of applications will be in September, with the final round of funding being in March of 2023. A final decision will be provided within 3-4 months of the intake closing date.
- September 15, 2022;
- December 15, 2022; and
- March 15, 2023.
As of now it has yet to be seen if this program will receive additional funding intakes past the March 2023 intake window. To learn more about staying up to date with when government funding programs open and close their application windows, you can download our free slide deck on When the Apply for Canadian Government Funding Programs.
Apply for the Manitoba Innovation Growth Program
This program has multiple application windows, and we strongly suggest getting started on your application well in advance of the programs application closure as this is a highly competitive program. For funding information supports, contact the professional grant writing team at Mentor Works for application assistance services and to find additional funding programs that your business may be eligible for.
Get to learn the types of government funding programs available to your business by downloading our free slide deck on the Types of Canadian Government Funding Programs and learn how you can stack funding programs.