The Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organization (OBIO®) has created the Capital Access Advisory Program (CAAP®), a competitive, 9-month structured program for health science companies starting to raise Series A financing in the Q4 2022 to 2023 timeframe.
Businesses eligible for funding through the OBIO® CAAP® program will need to present their business plan at the 2023 OBIO® Investment Summit to the top health science investors from around the world.
CAAP® provides strategic guidance from an international steering committee of investors, healthcare executives and business experts; access to a network of advisors; and culminates with a presentation at the OBIO® Investment Summit.
Program Snapshot: OBIO® – Capital Access Advisory Program (CAAP®)
Amount of Funding
The Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organization Capital Access Advisory Program (OBIO® CAAP®) has no set limit on funding per project, and the amount of funding will be determined by your company’s pitch to investors at the OBIO® Investment Summit.
Applicants that are selected to move on to the OBIO® Investment Summit will have the opportunity to meet and present to global top health sciences investors & strategics. Over $1 billion has been raised by Summit companies since 2018 and over 160 companies have presented at the Summit.
All companies eligible to move onto the OBIO® Investment Summit to receive OBIO® CAAP® funding must meet each of the following eligibility criteria:
- Is a private, high-potential health science company based in Ontario;
- Is focused on developing human health products within the scope of therapeutics, medical devices, diagnostics, or digital health technologies;
- Has already closed or in the process of closing their “seed” investment in the next 6 months;
- Starting to raise series A financing in 2022 to 2023;
- Has enough resource and funding runway to reach next key value inflection points to allow for their Series A raise; and
- Would significantly benefit from coaching and participating in the OBIO® CAAP® to address key business goals that advance their business strategy and help the company to raise capital.
Projects that are eligible for funding through the CAAP® program must fall within one of three fundamental business themes:
- Business strategic planning & increasing the ROI for investors
- Advanced fundraising strategies & financial modeling
- Closing an investment round
View previous winning projects from the CAAP® program.
Apply for the OBIO® – Capital Access Advisory Program (CAAP®)
The deadline to submit your OBIO® CAAP® application is September 16th, 2022. You can learn more information and apply for the 2023 OBIO® Investment Summit with their online form to get the ball rolling on your application.
The Canadian Federal and Provincial governments offer a wide variety of grants, loans, and wage subsidy programs throughout the year. To learn more about what kind of projects you can receive funding for, you can get access to our free Types of Funding slide deck.