The Cultural Strategic Investment Fund provides business funding grants to arts, cultural industries, heritage, public library organizations and public libraries who undertake eligible cultural projects.
Ontario Government Funding Program
This grant funding for business supports projects that are strategic, benefit the culture sector and are innovative. Through this initiative, we will be directly helping to build a strong cultural sector that will then contribute to a prosperous creative economy and community. The primary objectives of this Ontario government funding program are:
- Promote innovation, support new content creation, stimulate job growth, penetrate new markets and encourage cultural tourism
- Develop unique cultural resources to enhance the health and vitality of communities and quality of life
Eligible applicants can receive up to $50,000 in business funding grants or:
- Organization serving communities with a population under 20,000: Up to 80% coverage
- Organization serving communities/municipalities with population over 20,000: Up to 50% coverage
Ontario Business Grants Eligibility
To be eligible for this Ontario government funding program, the applicant must have one or more collaborators and:
- Be either incorporated not-for-profit organization or research/academic corporation or statutory body focusing on the cultural sector, or a public library established by a municipality
- Be in operation in Ontario for a minimum of one year
- Provide written approval authorizing the application to the Cultural Strategic Investment Fund from their BOD
Eligible projects to receive these government small business grants may include:
- Cultural/heritage tourism initiatives
- Public library sector
- Arts education
- Heritage preservation and archaeology
- Cultural diversity
Cultural Strategic Investment Fund projects can run from November 1st, 2012 to March 31, 2014.
Funding for Small Business Support
To receive additional support on the application process for this initiative, contact one of our Funding for Small Business Experts or sign up for a 60 Minute Canadian Government Funding Workshop. Additionally, you can receive regular updates on the latest Canadian business funding programs by signing up for our Weekly Grant Funding for Business E-Newsletter or following us on Facebook.