Health Technology Exchange (HTX) is a Canadian government funding program helps support emerging and established Ontario corporations to develop, produce and commercialize Medical and Assistive Technologies (MATs). MATs include medical devices, diagnostic and medical imaging, healthcare IT and wireless health, and assistive devices and home healthcare.
Who is eligible for these small business grants?
Recipients of the HTX Ontario Flagship Program grant funding for business will meet the following criteria:
- All applicants will be Ontario-based corporations operating within the MAT sector.
- Projects that receive funding will be expected to commit to subsequent commercial development of the technology to be carried out in Ontario.
- In order to receive this research and development funding the applicant must have at least one partner (See the EOI guidelines for qualifying partners for each program.
- Applicants must commit to creation of jobs in Ontario that will provide continual economic benefit upon completion of the proposed project.
What types of projects are eligible for small business grants Ontario?
Companies that receive HTX small business funding grants will have a total Project Value in the range of $1.5 to $15M over a period of up to 5 years
How much will HTX contribute through grant funding for business?
Eligible companies will receive the following government funding for research and development contribution from HTX:
- Contribution of up to 15% of total project value, which is typically $1.5M to $15M in size
- Contributions will consist of performance-based loans or grants;
Matching contributions for the remaining total project value costs are expected to be derived from a variety of sources including: the MNE qualifying applicant; and project partners such as Ontario-based SME’s, academic institutions, healthcare organizations, and other commercialization development programs (provincial and federal).
Timeline for Business Grants Ontario
The process and timeline for the HTX Ontario small business grants
- The Expression of Interest (EOI) phase – approximately 45 to 60 days
- A company approved for Full Application has 45 days to complete that application
- The Full Proposal Stage – approximately 90 days
- The complete process will likely take 4-6 months from application to project approval.
The HTCP contribution to project funding is repayable upon commercial success. The specific terms of repayment, including date of commencement and length of repayment term, will be determined on a case-by-case basis during the development of the contribution agreement.
More Information on HTX Small Business Grants Ontario
Please select from one of the following options:
For more information regarding this program you can visit the FAQ section of the HTX website. For further assistance, contact the HTX Office at 647-258-0381 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Government Funding Assistance
If you would like to receive more information on business funding grants and small business loans Ontario please contact a Canadian Government Funding Expert or sign up for our Weekly Small Business Funding Grants & Loans E-Newsletter to stay up to date on available funding for small business.