The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) created the IESO Conservation Fund to provide support for significant advances in new conservation and demand management programs, practices and technologies that impact Ontario’s initiative to reduce electricity consumption. Funding under this program is provided to projects that impact residences, businesses and/or institutions in Ontario.
- Amount: Funding amount is a percentage of project costs, dependent upon type of project, to a maximum of 75% of costs or a maximum of $500,000. Applicant’s portion of the funding must be substantiated as cash, in-kind or committed funding.
- Timeline: Next intake for applications is March 1 – 31, 2019.
- Eligibility: Eligible projects are those that develop or pilot innovative conservation programs, practices and technologies. Eligible costs are those related to the design, development, demonstration, installation, implementation, testing, measurement and performance verification of the project. Project must be completed within four years.
Top IESO Conservation Fund Resources:
- IESO Conservation Fund Overview Blog: This Ontario business grants overview covers the focus of the program and includes funding types and amounts, as well as success stories that testify to the quality of the program.
- IESO Conservation Fund Eligibility Criteria Blog: Find out how your business can qualify for government funding for small business through the IESO.
- IESO Conservation Fund FAQ Blog: Find all of the answers to most frequently asked questions about IESO’s small business government grants through the Conservation Fund.
- IESO Conservation Fund: How to Qualify for Energy Management Grants
- IESO Conservation Fund: Ontario Energy Efficiency Grants
- IESO Conservation Fund FAQs for Energy Efficiency Projects
- An Increasingly Convenient Truth: Climate Change’s Business Potential
- Canada’s Digital Economy Represents a New Industrial Revolution
Posted: March 29, 2011. Updated: January 7, 2019.