Ontario agri-food processors will soon have another opportunity to apply for the Growing Forward 2 Ontario program. These Ontario government grants provide up to 35-50% of eligible project expenses to a maximum $350,000 to promote innovation, access new markets, and tackle key industry issues preventing long-term sustainability. As part of this funding amount, applicants can request up to $100,000 in grant support for capital expenses.
The next application submission period will be held between March 4, 2016 and March 24, 2016. Applicants considering implementing these projects during the summer or fall 2016 should apply for this round of Growing Forward 2 grants.
Learn More: Growing Forward 2 Ontario Program Overview – Learn more about Growing Forward 2 Ontario, including changes to the program and a list of eligible project expenses.
Growing Forward 2 Ontario Program Focus and Project Priority Areas
To enhance the competitiveness and long-term success of the agri-food and agri-bioproduct industries within Ontario, applicants should complete projects in the following 6 priority areas:
- Market development;
- Environment and climate change adaptation;
- Productivity and labour improvements;
- Animal and plant health;
- Business and leadership development; and
- Assurance systems.
Growing Forward 2 Ontario seeks to fund innovative projects that involve the use of advanced technologies and lead to enhanced industry competitiveness. Projects that demonstrate a clear commitment to product and process development will be considered for Ontario business grants.
Growing Forward 2 Ontario Applicant Eligibility
To successfully receive Growing Forward 2 Ontario grants, businesses must:
- Be a processor that modifies, transforms, or processes agricultural products or bioproducts;
- Have an action-based project, not research or strategy development;
- Have a planned, documented project that can be classified under one or more of the program’s priority areas;
- Not have received other Ontario provincial funding for the same project; and
- Secure permits or other necessary documentation prior to program application.
Apply for Growing Forward 2 Ontario: Processors Stream
The next application submission period will be held between March 4, 2016 and March 24, 2016. Applicants implementing these projects during the summer or fall 2016 should apply now.
Eligible Ontario businesses must act quickly to secure funding in this application intake period. If you would like to discuss your business’ eligibility for the program, or to request application support services, please contact Mentor Works.
Continue Learning about Growing Forward 2 Ontario
- Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance Awarded $331k in Funding for Agriculture
- Growing Forward 2 (GF2) Invests $180k in 4 Ontario Food Processors
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Grants for Ontario Food Processors
- Growing Forward 2 (GF2) Invests over $250k in Agri-Food Businesses
- Get Ready for the Canadian Agricultural Partnership