The Research Advisory Council (RAC) has issued a Call for Research for short-term research and application development projects. The Ontario government funding program, Bridging the Gap, is focused on the development and fostering of partnerships among workplaces, prevention organizations and researchers through the generation of research results or research-based products that directly address workplace needs.
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) is overseen by the Research Advisory Council (RAC) and are committed to high quality occupational health, safety and workers’ compensation research in Ontario. RAC funds any research projects that lead to:
- Improved prevention of work-related injury and illness
- Fair compensation and return to work of injured workers
- Fair premium assessment of employers
- Better diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation
Health & Safety Grant Funding for Business Eligibility
Eligible projects for this research and development funding must address identified workplace needs and promote collaboration among workplaces, partner organizations and researchers. Projects must be completed within 12 months. There are two types of applications through Bridging the Gap:
1. Short-Term Research Projects
Applications for short-term research projects that build partnerships with workplaces, researchers and prevention organizations to address these specific workplace needs. The maximum business funding grants for this application is $60,000.
Proposals under this option must:
- Identify workplace need that the project addresses and demonstrate the significance of the need.
- Demonstrate need for new research to address problem.
- Provide critical review of relevant literature.
- Identify the roles and activities of the research partners on the project.
- Include project budget with appropriate justification of each major item.
- Detailed work place of the project.
2. Practical Applications
Applications that develop completed research into practical applications while also creating partnerships with workplaces, researchers and prevention organizations will receive a maximum small business funding grants of $40,000. Eligible projects will develop research-based products for Ontario workplaces.
Proposals for this application must:
- Identify the sectors or workplaces for which the product is being developed, the body of research the project will develop into practical applications, value-added aspect of project, how the project will be developed and evaluated.
- Include project budget with appropriate justifications of each major item.
Bridging the Gap Submission Deadline: Monday, September 24th, 2012 at 4:00pm
Additional Government Funding Support
Businesses interested in learning about government funding options available to you, please contact one of our Canadian Government Funding Experts. Additionally, you could sign up for a 60-Minute Canadian Government Funding Workshop or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.