The Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is a well-established program known for its contribution toward developing technological solutions that address climate change as well as clean water, air, and land. On behalf of the Federal government of Canada, SDTC finances & supports late-stage development and pre-commercial demonstration of clean technology through research and development funding.
In a statement to the media in late February SDTC President and CEO Vicky Sharpe described her excitement:
“SDTC is excited to meet and work with another set of cleantech entrepreneurs, bringing technologies to market and changing the way business is being done.”
For this latest round of funding SDTC Began taking applications from the last week in February 2013 and will continue receiving applications until April 17th 2013.
Amount of Government Funding for Research and Development Operated by SDTC
SDTC operates two funds aimed at the development and demonstration of innovative technological solutions. The $590 million SD Tech Fund supports projects that address climate change, air quality, clean water, and clean soil. The $500 million NextGen Biofuels Fund supports the establishment of first-of-kind large demonstration-scale facilities for the production of next-generation renewable fuels.
SD Tech Canadian Government Funding Areas of Focus
Canadian government funding for business is provided to firms that focus on the following key areas:
- Natural Resources: Mitigate environmental impacts associated with Canada’s natural resource sector including “green mining”, cleaner fossil fuels and forestry.
- Clean Energy: Enable cleaner energy production, including natural gas, and improved energy efficiency of transportation, the built environment and industrial processes.
- Agriculture: Increase yield and improve temperature and drought resistance of agricultural crops and mitigate land-use changes and biodiversity loss.
- Northern/Remote Communities: Innovative solutions for self-sufficiency in smaller communities.
- Packaged Solutions: Integrated technology packages that combine one or more clean technologies, such as renewable energy generation, energy storage, and waste and wastewater management.
SD Tech Fund Eligibility and Application Process for Canadian Government Funding for Business
The Application Process for SD Tech Canadian Government Funding is a multi-stage process, involving significant planning, analysis, and forecasting of the project.
Contact a Canadian Government Funding Expert for more information on qualifications, the application and review process, and support services available for eligible businesses to navigate the SD Tech Fund application stages.