bigstock-Aerial-photo-of-Farmland-19489073

Editor’s Note: Since this article’s posting, TECTERRA funding programs have been re-launched to provide enhanced support. For details of these new funding streams, visit Mentor Works’ TECTERRA program page.

TECTERRA provides Canadian small business grants and support services to start-up and small companies in the geomatics field in Canada. Services offered by TECTERRA include investment and grant funding, networking opportunities, business skills training and development and laboratory facilities. The Commercialization Support Services (CSS) Canadian government grants program offered by TECTERRA provides a unique opportunity for geomatics companies across Canada to learn and develop the knowledge and skills needed to become successful.

TECTERRA Commercialization Support Services Small Business Grants Canada

TECTERRA provides successful applicants with a list of qualified vendors who provide training and skills development. Through vendors on this list, the CSS program provides funding for start-ups and small businesses, whose core focus is on the development of new technology in the field of geomatics, to learn important skills in the following areas:

  • Entrepreneurial coaching
  • Strategic planning and mapping of programs & tactics to strategy
  • HR management and development
  • Project management
  • Risk identification and mitigation strategies
  • Supply chain management
  • Go to market techniques and opportunity assessments
  • Promotion, communication and branding strategies
  • Intellectual property management
  • Financing options and exit strategies
  • Other skills & practices important to commercialization success

TECTERRA Small Business Government Grants

TECTERRA provides 100% funding up front to cover the costs. Of this amount, applicants receive a grant towards up to 75% of the cost. The remaining 25% is repayable by the applicant. Per calendar year, a successful applicant can access up to $50,000. Applications for this funding are accepted throughout the year, on an on-going basis.

Learn More about TECTERRA Commercialization Support Services

To find out more about the CSS program and more government funding programs for your geomatics business, contact a Mentor Works Canadian Government Funding Planner.

Apply for Canadian Government Funding

Share with friends   

Written by

Ryan has a BA in economics, an MSc in management, and several published works including two books. As Marketing Analyst at Mentor Works, Ryan enjoys communicating with business owners & executives about government grants and funding available to help overcome obstacles to growth.

Comments 0

Leave a Reply