HRSDC Career Focus Canadian Business Grants for Hiring
Mentor Works first mentioned the HRSDC Career Focus Program in an HRSDC Overview blog mid-May of 2013. Since then we have witnessed considerable success with this program.
The Career Focus program provided by Human Resources and Skill Development Canada (HRSDC) has been updated and is now administered by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
HRSDC Offers up to 100% of Wages through Small Business Grants for Hiring
The application process involves printing documents and sending/receiving correspondence via postal mail. Despite the lack of a digital application process, the program’s application process is straightforward, and offers a very generous return for small and medium-sized businesses looking to hire new employee later in 2013.
HRSDC Career Focus Small Business Grants for Hiring – Quick Facts
Here is a brief overview what the program offers and how to access it:
• The program offers funding up to $20K for recent graduates under the age of 31, covering up to $20/hour via grant funding for business hiring. Employers may have to contribute up to around $2-$3 per hour depending on the wage of their participating recent graduate.
• The application is mailed directly to your local Service Canada Centre.
• The position must be “career-related work experience”. Thus, it must be directly related to their post-secondary expertise.
• The process takes roughly 6-8 weeks, but we recommend planning ahead by 3-4 months.
Canadian Government Grants for Hiring Eligibility
Qualified employers will include any of the following:
• An incorporated business
• An Organization (including not-for-profit, professional, employer and labour associations)
• Any public health or educational institution
• A band/ tribal council
• An aboriginal organization
• An individual
• A municipal government
Get Started on Your HRSDC Small Business Grant for Hiring Today
learn more about this program and/or contact a Canadian government funding expert today in order to get started.
Learn about Additional Canada Small Business Grants for Hiring
Mentor Works can connect your business with the small business grants for hiring that meet your needs. Some of the most popular programs we offer support services for include: iSTEM for hiring recent “STEM” graduates, Ontario Exporter’s Fund which $40K per year to hire an experienced export manager, ICTC CareerConnect for hiring of young ICT professionals, and more. Contact a Canadian government funding expert to learn more.
Is this program accepting applications for 2014?
Thank you for stopping by our blog. Funding has been fully allocated, so I wouldn’t recommend this one for 2014. Currently the Youth Employment Fund is accepting applications and we expect the YMCA Digital Skills Youth Internships Program (among others) to open in April.
Ryan. When do applications open again?
Good question. We are still waiting for confirmation that the program has received additional funding, but the recent announcement from the Fed of the PM’s commitment to creating 3,000 internships is reassuring. Stay tuned!