Home to one of the world’s largest biotechnology industries, the federal government of Canada as well as provincial governments across the country have been enthusiastic supporters of programs that help continue to grow the sector. Two of the most popular programs for small and medium-sized business clients in these industries over the past several months has undoubtedly been The New Horizons for Medtech (NHM) program and Biotalent Canada business grants for hiring.
New Horizons for Medtech (NHM) Ontario Business Grants for Marketing in Biotechnology
New Horizons for Medtech (NHM) Program designed for small and medium-sized businesses in the field of advanced health technology and the Ontario medical device industry. The program is offered through the support of Canada’s Medical Technologies Companies (MEDEC), Canadian MedTech Manufacturers’ Alliance (CMMA), and the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario).
New Horizons for Medtech Ontario Small Business Grants Focus
NHM Ontario small business grants focus on aiding the expansion of Canada’s advanced health technology and medical device sector. NHM Ontario business grants may be applied to export market development activities, including;
- Foreign market research,
- Strategic planning,
- Consumer testing,
- Foreign market regulation compliance, and more.
NHM Ontario Small Business Grants Details
- Amount: Government small business grants support of up to $30k or 50% of the eligible costs for a 12-month project.
- Timeline: Open for applications, projects must be completed by December 31, 2013.
- Eligibility Factors: Organizations must be located in Southern Ontario with less than1000 employees, at least 2 years of operational experience in the MedTech sector, and having at least one commercialized product.
BioTalent Canada Small Business Grants for Hiring
Another excellent program for biotechnology and life sciences is BioTalent Canada small business grants for hiring. BioTalent Canada is one of several national organizations that have received funding from the national Career Focus Program. BioTalent Canada business grants Canada help employers connect with job seekers in the biotechnology field, as well as offer tools to assist both employers and job seekers.
BioTalent Canadian Business Grants for Hiring Eligibility
BioTalent business grants Canada offer employers a substantial wage subsidy of up to $20,000 in small business grants to hire for a 12-month term. The following are requirements of the employee participating in the program. The employee participant must:
- Be a recent graduate of a post-secondary school (within the last 3 years).
- Be between the ages of 15-30
- Hold Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or refugee status
- Not be receiving Employment Insurance
Employer Small Business Grants for Hiring Eligibility
Small businesses operating in the following sectors are eligible to participate in the Biotalent Canada small business grants program:
Learn More about BioTalent Ontario Business Grants
Additional Canada Grants for Small Business Information
To learn more about small business grants and loans programs please sign up for our weekly Canadian government funding e-newsletter and follow us on your favorite social media network: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, and Tumblr.