Small Business Government Grants through BioTalent Canada Career Focus
BioTalent Canada is one of several national organizations that have received funding from the national Career Focus Program. BioTalent Canada is a key player in connecting employers to job seekers in the biotechnology field, research and analysis of the labour market, as well as tools and information to assist employers, employees and job seekers.
BioTalent Career Focus Program Small Business Grants Canada Details
BioTalent Canada offers the BioTalent Career Focus Program to eligible students and employers across Canada in the biotechnology sector. Eligible students have the opportunity to work and train in a learning environment and develop contacts, and in addition, offer employers a substantial wage subsidy of up to $20,000 in small business grants for hiring for a 12-month term.
BioTalent Government Grants for Small Business – Career Focus Graduate Eligibility
For a graduate to be eligible for this Canadian small business grants program, he/she must be:
- A recent graduate of a post-secondary school (within the last 3 years).
- Age 15-30
- Registered on “The PetriDish” an online job board specific to the Canadian bio-economy
- Hold Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or refugee status
- Not be receiving Employment Insurance
BioTalent Government Business Grants – Career Focus Project Eligibility
There are several types of opportunities that an employer can offer a graduate that can be eligible for government grants for small business support through wage subsidy funding from BioTalent Canada. These opportunities include:
- Biotechnology promotion and education
- A combination of business and science skills
- Can range from manufacturing and production through to product commercialization
- Quality control
- Regulatory affairs
BioTalent Small Business Government Grants – Career Focus Employer Eligibility
To participate in be eligible to receive BioTalent Canada small business funding grants through the Career Focus Program, employers must sign a contribution agreement with BioTalent Canada. In this agreement an employer agrees to provide the graduate with the following:
- A minimum of 30 hours of work per week for a minimum of 3 months
- A dollar for dollar contribution to the graduate’s wage based on the wage subsidy amount to a maximum of $20,000/year.
- Register as an employer on “The PetriDish” online job board and reference BioTalent Canada’s web information about what the Career Focus Program entails
- Not to hire family or friends or existing employees under this wage subsidy program.
- Develop a formal learning plan for the graduate that is agree upon by both parties and submitted to BioTalent Canada
- Provide BioTalent Canada with monthly financial claims and progress reports.
Find Out More Information on BioTalent Small Business Grants Canada
Learn More about Small Business Hiring Grants from the Canadian Government Funding Experts
Most incorporated businesses are eligible to participate in several Ontario and Canadian small business government grants for hiring. For more information about several programs available to your firm please check our exhaustive list of small business grants for Human Resources & Training. Firms that have been incorporated for at least 2 years and have a minimum of 15 employees are also invited to a Free Canadian government funding workshop. Also, everyone is invited to follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter!