Several projects in the Nipissing-Parry Sound Region received a big boost recently. 6 entities including a college and a small business in North Bay, the village of South River, the townships of Sequin and Carling, and the Town of Parry Sound received $4.6 million in funding through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC).
Northern Ontario Businesses & Communities in Nipissing-Parry Sound Region are Creating Jobs
Over the past decade the NOHFC has invested nearly $1 billion ($930M) in over 6,000 projects in Northern, Ontario. These projects have resulted in the creation of more than 23,400 jobs. In the Nipissing region alone the NOHFC has invested $92.9 million in 640 projects that have had the effect of 3,200 new jobs created as a result. In Parry Sound, the NOHFC has invested $36 million in 275 projects, creating or sustaining nearly 2,000 jobs since 2003.
Recent NOHFC Northern Ontario Government Grants Recipients
- Canadore College in North Bay has been promised $2 million in funding in order to expand the School of Aviation and Technology.
- The construction of a new building to house businesses, including the expansion of a local brewery in the village of South River will receive $727,875 in funding through NOHFC.
- $881,520 has been pledged to Blue Sky Net in North Bay in order to improve internet access in Callander, Nipissing, East Ferris and McKellar.
- The Parry Sound Area Industrial Park in the Township of Carling will receive $490,050 in funding in order to bring necessary water and waste water services up to par ahead of the arrival of their newest tenant.
- The Town of Parry Sound is receiving $27,000 to hire a consultant to perform a consumer and market study in support of the downtown revitalization plan.
- Infrastructure upgrades at the local airport of Seguin Township, as well as improvements to the municipality’s water, sewer and hydro services will be made possible through a $493,650 government grant. The project will make room for three new businesses.
Learn More about NOHFC Northern Ontario Business Grants
Mentor Works is the go-to-source of information on Ontario government grants and loans available to small to mid-sized businesses through NOHFC. We provide complimentary workshops to small businesses in Ottawa, Peterborough, Belleville, as well as a number of cities and towns in Northern Ontario, Eastern Ontario, Southern Ontario, and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Sign up for one of our upcoming small business workshops and webinars and don’t forget to subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter.