Growing Forward 2 Organizations and Collaborations – Project Implementation – Eligibility
Project Implementation stream of Ontario government funding for Organizations and Collaborations is now accepting applications under the Growing Forward 2 program offered through the Government of Ontario. Funding for Growing Forward 2 programs in Ontario will exceed $400 million over the next 5 years.
Ontario Small Business Grants Funding Availability
For the Growing Forward 2 Organizations and Collaborations Project Implementation stream, 50% – 75% of project costs will be covered through a cost-sharing arrangement. The amount of funding through Ontario small business grants an eligible applicant will receive depends on the innovative quality of the project. The remaining costs of the project must be committed and provided by the applicant as cash and in-kind contributions. Up to 15% of the project costs in this stream can be in-kind contributions.
Ontario Business Grants Project Eligibility
Projects eligible for Ontario business grants under this stream must fit with one of the focus areas of the Growing Forward 2 Program:
- Environment and Climate Change Adaptation
- Animal and Plant Health
- Market Development
- Labour Productivity Enhancement
- Assurance Systems (Food Safety, Traceability and Animal Welfare)
- Business and Leadership Development
Growing Forward 2 Government Grants Ontario Eligible Expenses
Expenses eligible for reimbursement under this program include the following:
- Goods, services, supplies and all related shipping or transportation costs
- Labour costs such as contract salaries, benefits and specific per diem fees
- Land rental for research purposes
- Rental of facilities, equipment or machinery
- Administrative costs
- Communication materials including design, printing and translation
- Travel, meal and hospitality costs with Government of Ontario guidelines
- Capital items including: computers, office equipment, equipment and construction costs for buildings, on-farm and further processing infrastructure and plant upgrades with the following parameters:
- For profit businesses must contribute a minimum of 25% of the project costs in cash (non-government sourced funds)
- Capital reimbursement capped at $100,000/project; limited to amount of the asset expensed during the life of the project.
Government Grants for Small Business Ineligible Expenses
The following expenses are ineligible for remuneration through grants for small business in Ontario:
- Normal operating costs
- Normal costs of establishing a commercial operation
- Minor asset and capital items not specifically required for execution of a project
- Purchase or lease of land
- Purchase or lease buildings
- Direct income support related to direct payments to producers to offset their loss of income due to production fluctuations
- Any cost, including a tax that is eligible for a rebate, credit or refund
- Travel, meal and hospitality expenditures beyond Government of Ontario’s Guidelines
- Financing charges and loan interest payments
- Gifts and incentives
- Costs incurred prior to April 1, 2013
- Expenses incurred for other approved GF2 projects
Ontario Grants for Small Business Application Process
The application process for this funding has two stages:
- The first stage is a Pre-Proposal that is evaluated and responded to within 5-10 business days.
- The second stage is a full application will be review in waves. Projects under $20,000 can be submitted on an on-going basis. Responses for this stage of the application process should be within 6-8 weeks.
It is recommended that, before applying to this program, you complete a Capacity Building project. For more information about Growing Forward 2 – Ontario Programs, contact a Mentor Works government funding specialist.
Ontario Small Business Grants for Project Implementation Additional Details
Find out more about this program by selecting from one of the following options:
Additional Canadian Small Business Grants and Loans Programs
For more information about other programs funded by Growing Forward 2 at the Federal level including AgriMarketing Canadian government grants and AgriInnovation small business loans, please contact a Canadian government funding expert.
Connect with Canada Small Business Grants and Loans Experts
Stay connected with Canadian government funding experts by signing up for our Canadian government funding weekly e-newsletter and by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter.