PrimeVert is a Canadian government funding program that fosters and integrates support activities for farming clients through specialized consulting services. These business funding grants support the adoption of the best agri-environmental practices and is aimed at increasing the introduction of technology and practices conductive to resource conservation, environmental protection, less invasive operations and reduction or prevention of greenhouse gas emissions on farms and in agri-food processing plants.
These small business funding grants will contribute up to 25% or a maximum of $1 million towards the installation and implementation of biomass energy generation technology that will reduce or eliminate greenhouse gas emissions. This Canadian government funding is only available to agriculture and agri-food operations located in Quebec, Ontario.
Grant Funding for Business Eligibility
To be eligible for these government small business grants, companies must:
- Promote and disseminate good agricultural practices.
- Help farmers meet the challenges posed by environmental, harmonious coexistence in the territory, the water quality and reducing or avoiding emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Support agricultural operations so they can comply with laws, regulations and policies.
Eligible costs for this Quebec government funding program includes:
- Technology acquisition cost.
- Project-related labour costs.
- Shipping, installation and retrofitting expenses.
- Consulting and other third party expenditures.
Deadline for submission: September 15, 2012
Canadian Government Funding Support
To receive additional support towards PriveVert and other Canadian government funding programs offered to companies, please contact our Canadian Government Funding Expert or sign up for a 60 Minute Canadian Government Funding Workshop. Companies can also obtain updates on Canadian business grants by signing up for our Weekly Canadian Government Funding E-Newsletter or following us on Twitter.