As the Spin Master Innovation Fund manages its fifth consecutive round, Futurpreneur Canada and widely known toy company Spin Master Ltd. are collaborating to help startups who have been in operation for under 12 months. Also in association with the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), the Spin Master Innovation Fund will provide successful applicants with $50,000 in repayable funding and individualized mentorship opportunities that are tailored towards your specific business.
In addition to two years of Spin Master mentorship and $50k in financing provided by Futurpreneur Canada and BDC, successful applicants will receive:
- An opportunity to meet with executives from Spin Master Ltd;
- A paid trip to Toronto in the fall to attend the two-day Innovation Launch Pad Workshop; and
- A paid trip to Toronto in the spring to attend their two-day Accelerator Workshop.
Qualifications for Startup Funding and How to Apply
A total of 10 young entrepreneurs will be chosen to receive this incredible opportunity. Some of the qualities that will be evaluated through applications include:
- An innovative, entrepreneurial spirit and someone who is willing to push boundaries;
- The demonstration of domestic and global scalability;
- Job creation potential; and
- A viable business plan clearly outlining a model for creating profit
For a complete list of qualifications, and to apply for this valuable startup program, visit the Spin Master Innovation Fund webpage. Applications must be received by June 19th to qualify for these funds.
Startup Funding Checklist
Mentor Works primarily assists with small and medium-sized businesses and helps them to secure Canadian government funding. Because fewer funding opportunities exist for startups, we provide a free funding checklist where you can learn the criteria government agencies use to determine basic funding eligibility. Make sure to come back to Mentor Works when you’ve met all these criteria to start accessing government grants and incentives!